Truth and consequences...or not. By Bob Hooton

What I'm saying is exactly what was written - there is a CSAS paper out there that will guide the Steelhead Recovery effort - and "apparently" (because I haven't yet read it) there is little evidence the fisheries are the actual smoking gun when it comes to a causal factor in steelhead decline. Again, I haven't yet read the paper and flagging for you that when it comes out, we might actually wish to read it carefully. You can read whatever you wish into that message. What I will say though is I am open to listening to the science if it is sound and truthful...even if it challenges my beliefs. I've seen the harm "faith based science" can do.

Great, will be interesting to see this paper.
Then we all will be able to assess the science.

I guess the same reasons will apply to all the Steelhead in the interior. Will be interesting to see.
I am sure Bob will evaluate it for us as well.

What I'm saying is exactly what was written - there is a CSAS paper out there that will guide the Steelhead Recovery effort - and "apparently" (because I haven't yet read it) there is little evidence the fisheries are the actual smoking gun when it comes to a causal factor in steelhead decline. Again, I haven't yet read the paper and flagging for you that when it comes out, we might actually wish to read it carefully. You can read whatever you wish into that message. What I will say though is I am open to listening to the science if it is sound and truthful...even if it challenges my beliefs. I've seen the harm "faith based science" can do.

Bob is one of the few who actually see our problems within our fisheries..
Hard to explain to ppl who dream up great ideas from behind a keyboard...but those ppl aren't on these systems daily or even yearly. Sad when most of DFO biologists transfer to other sectors after explaining for years to Ottawa what our real problems are within our fisheries.

Some might not agree with Hooton but you can't deny his passion for wild steelhead. Imo, we need more people like Bob who advocate for fish, not fishermen.

Don't dis agree about his passion for for steelhead ... and we do more qualified people to advocate for steelhead.....

Back