Big and Little Q terminal fishery

yes that’s how it’s done are you going to participate?

View attachment 55601

Yes, I think I will attend. Thanks for this. :D

Please join MP Patrick Weiler for a virtual town hall discussion with the Honourable Bernadette Jordan, Minister of Fisheries, Oceans, and the Canadian Coast Guard, on our Government's plan for healthy oceans and fisheries on Thursday, August 13, 2020, 4:00pm PDT.

Send in your questions in advance by replying to this email so MP Weiler and Minister Jordan can address them during the town hall.

Please feel free to share this event with your friends and networks!

Event Details:
Topic:
Town Hall with Minister Jordan and MP Patrick Weiler
Time: Thursday, August 13, 2020, 4:00pm PDT
Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/PatrickBWeiler/

Typical mismanagement of a stock. These fish are all Qualicum fish and if you look at the map for srkw not even a food source when at the river mouth. This is the end result of a Ontarian running a west coast fishery. Time for our fisheries to be run by people who are local and at least know west coast geography. Feel sorry for the dfo members on the ground who have to shovel and swallow the center Canada ****

Time for a news story about how this fishery is one that is still accessible for the small boat and those who can't manage ruff water fisheries such as the elderly so sad that this has been taken away from these user groups for political purposes. Wonder how the Qualicum first nation's feel about this issue

Trudy with a minority govt and Horgan the same both pandering to special interest groups (indians and enviro wing nuts) for every vote they can get. Watch Horgan (and maybe Trudy) call an election this fall and spew endless BS on how well they've managed the Covid issue and deserve a majority govt. Unfortunately it will probably work for for them. We will remained screwed because there aren't enough of us to matter and the little twit talking heads in the media are too busy tweeting stupidity to each other.

As I said on here until there is REAL 3rd party candidate that can change things its garbage in garbage out. Not one of the governments has done anything meaningful with any recovery plans. CONS suck and LIBERALS suck with fisheries. Sorry its the truth. Need a real high bred party that is willing to do a top down cleaning of DFO managers. These senior managers ( the ones that guide minister) don't change with each election. Same old big department in Ottawa pulling the strings. Poor Pacific region guys must just suck handing out all this bad news everywhere.

As I said on here until there is REAL 3rd party candidate that can change things its garbage in garbage out. Not one of the governments has done anything meaningful with any recovery plans. CONS suck and LIBERALS suck with fisheries. Sorry its the truth. Need a real high bred party that is willing to do a top down cleaning of DFO managers. These senior managers ( the ones that guide minister) don't change with each election. Same old big department in Ottawa pulling the strings. Poor Pacific region guys must just suck handing out all this bad news everywhere.
Fact: Indians and enviro freaks vote Liberal, Green and NDP, they never vote Conservative because Harper did his best to rein in their wacko demands. Fact: If you don't vote Conservative your supporting and voting for the enemy. This isn't rocket science, just connect the dots. Amazing that people who consider themselves avid sport fishermen can't figure out what's clear and in front of their face. The only recovery plan that will have any effect is reining in the indian faction, culling seals and sealions and managing the commercial catch better. Talk is cheap but it takes money to buy whiskey and all the leftists do is talk.

Fact: Indians and enviro freaks vote Liberal, Green and NDP, they never vote Conservative because Harper did his best to rein in their wacko demands. Fact: If you don't vote Conservative your supporting and voting for the enemy. This isn't rocket science, just connect the dots. Amazing that people who consider themselves avid sport fishermen can't figure out what's clear and in front of their face. The only recovery plan that will have any effect is reining in the indian faction, culling seals and sealions and managing the commercial catch better. Talk is cheap but it takes money to buy whiskey and all the leftists do is talk.

I don't think a switch in government will do anything, and many know that. Sorry been through so many ministers and they are all the same. 20+ years of each party ask anyone. Not one has fixed the problem. Doesn't matter what political badge they wear. Garbage in and garbage out. The two candidates completely suck. The politicians come and go but the department and legacy of DFO remains.

A change to conservative government won’t mean more fish but it will mean more opportunities.

The minister ignored advice from the pacific region for political gain with ENGOs and used fish for reconciliation currency with First Nations.

yes conservatives were bad for the environmental issues but the ocean was open for 2 a day and Fraser stocks were in comparable shape. Most of what the liberals have done is just reallocate catch.

It’s a tuff pill to swallow for the enviormental salmon fishermen to vote for conservatives but I have talked to many in the industry that have said they may b voting for the conservatives for the first time ever.

I’m not saying people should vote for them or sway them but a vote for the liberals is basically telling Guides and tackle store owners that they might as well find a new job.

Last edited:
I don't think a switch in government will do anything, and many know that. Sorry been through so many ministers and they are all the same. 20+ years of each party ask anyone. Not one has fixed the problem. Doesn't matter what political badge they wear. Garbage in and garbage out. The two candidates completely suck. The politicians come and go but the department and legacy of DFO remains.
And there's the problem with Canadian voters in general. They admit that the current govt is corrupt and incompetent but refuse to vote for someone else. Wow!

A change to conservative government won’t mean more fish but it will mean more opportunities.

The minister ignored advice from the pacific region for political gain with ENGOs and used fish for reconciliation currency with First Nations.

yes conservatives were bad for the environmental issues but the ocean was open for 2 a day and Fraser stocks were in comparable shape. Most of what the liberals have done is just reallocate catch.

It’s a tuff pill to swallow for the enviormental salmon fishermen to vote for conservatives but I have talked to many in the industry that have said they may b voting for the conservatives for the first time ever.

I’m not saying people should vote for them or sway them but a vote for the liberals is basically telling Guides and tackle store owners that they might as well find a new job.
I think the party is changing with Conservatives moving to a more Progreasive Conaervative approach and realize that the past mismanagement of the environment won't be accepted. I have been have been impressed with some of the policies they're talking about such as selective Fisheries, predator control, hatcheey enhancement where needed, mark selective fishery, less MPA's and engaging with the stakeholders not the ngos!

I had a senior DFO staff tell me that they we're blindsided by the Minister on the decision regarding the Chinook closure. It was not what they had recommended.

Last edited:
Nope don't think so. How do you know how I voted? LOL roll eyes.
No idea how you vote and not targeting you re. my comment. I am aware others on here strongly stated their hatred of the Conservatives during the last election campaign. They certainly didn't vote Conservative and probably never will and probably can't even give an accurate fact based answer why they hate Conservatives. Point is that if we keep doing the same thing we will keep having the same outcome.

What did they recommend? Do you know?
I don't know the specifics of their recommendation, but I suspect it wouldn't have been any worse than last year. Maybe they might have adopted more of the SFAB chinook proposals. I do know the staff member I talked to was pretty shocked by the decision.

Last edited:
Back