Some Great Information on SKRW Survey and Chinook Numbers from Jason Tonelli.

cohochinook

In this report I will talk about two topics, all of which you are going to want to know if you fish for chinook in and around the Vancouver area.

First, the chinook fishery off the Fraser Mouth in September is in serious jeopardy. You will want to read about this and act by filling out the survey. There is a very real risk it will be closed this year due to SRKW measures from the N Arm to S Arm, Aug 1 to Oct 31.

Second, the numbers are in from last year’s chinook returns and it’s good news. We saw major rebounds in stocks of concern from very low brood stock years, with strong returns on local rivers and on the Island. Check out the numbers for our Fraser fish.
Read More

Oct 31? That will be the end of fishing in Vancouver as we know it. If that happens, I will likely sell my boat and get a cruiser for overnighting. I'll be done fishing. They compelled our speech, they took our guns...... and now this. I might even leave the country. I am really disappointed

Last edited:
Oct 31? That will be the end of fishing in Vancouver as we know it. If that happens, I will likely sell my boat and get a cruiser for overnighting. I'll be done fishing. They compelled our speech, they took our guns...... and now this. I mighty even leave the country. I am really disappointed

Yes im glad people are finally starting to get what is on the line here

Bubble closures might be a good compromise, however the 30 day no whale activity is a little much. Be careful what you wish for

Bubble closures might be a good compromise, however the 30 day no whale activity is a little much. Be careful what you wish for
Yeah I commented on that. Where is the science on 30 clear days? Why not 1 clear day?

The government is arbitrarily prohibiting a legal activity with no supporting scientific evidence.
No bueno.

LOL, why are you guys trying to make sense of this?? You're going to drive yourselves nuts and lose all kinds of sleep over something none of us can change. Just bend over and take it.

LOL, why are you guys trying to make sense of this?? You're going to drive yourselves nuts and lose all kinds of sleep over something none of us can change. Just bend over and take it.
Hey Jon, at least I don't hide behind a keyboard. Least I tell it like it is and not trying to make money on all this **** like all our organizations. Everyone keeps pitching this survey and that's it. Tonelli says he's at the tip of the spear. Yeah not at all. Maybe for him. Trying to at least save those charter companies. I've already pointed out several things that are factual. I've said it a hundred times on this site and I can tell you that the members who sit on any kind of board here don't agree. This post isn't about hatred or any kind of racism. It's about knowledge and what's actually going down. If the sports organization doesn't make their carving, then it doesn't matter.

I def don't need to be told what's going on as I see it everyday and I don't need to make sense of it. It makes sense to me already. The sports world need to make sense of it before you don't have the opportunity it anymore. Mark my words

Hey Jon, at least I don't hide behind a keyboard. Least I tell it like it is and not trying to make money on all this **** like all our organizations. Everyone keeps pitching this survey and that's it. Tonelli says he's at the tip of the spear. Yeah not at all. Maybe for him. Trying to at least save those charter companies. I've already pointed out several things that are factual. I've said it a hundred times on this site and I can tell you that the members who sit on any kind of board here don't agree. This post isn't about hatred or any kind of racism. It's about knowledge and what's actually going down. If the sports organization doesn't make their carving, then it doesn't matter.

I def don't need to be told what's going on as I see it everyday and I don't need to make sense of it. It makes sense to me already. The sports world need to make sense of it before you don't have the opportunity it anymore. Mark my words.
Well that's just it. It's a "racist" debate when you finally get down to it. That why I won't even discuss it on here. We have no hand in this fight. Because although we want equality, the mandate is equity. And we all have too much already, it seems.

Well that's just it. It's a "racist" debate when you finally get down to it. That why I won't even discuss it on here. We have no hand in this fight. Because although we want equality, the mandate is equity. And we all have too much already, it seems.
Yeah well there ya go. It's not me. I'll call the organizations by what they choose they want to be called. I don't really care. If you want to be called a unicorn then there it is. Hey unicorns where's the data and why do you want everything for yourself? ******* selfish unicorns !

This his absolutely nothing to do with the whales!!! They are just using them to further the agenda set forth by a particular user group that doesn’t want anyone else to fish but them. Sick of this sh*t.

Then why is SFAB and SFI board members arguing that one? I'm getting tired of having the argument.

Let's worry about crab floats and hatchery fisheries. What a joke.

@TONELLI

Why not create a user group tied into our federal side that collects money to support the sports user group? Alliance needs to grow some shoulders. If that doesn't happen then the organizations we have will just be fighting for scraps. Charge for ability to fish for Chinook, charge a buck on tackle purchase, charge 2 percent on commercial landed catch. Get the money put it into the organization that funds the teams that can take the industry. Make a name. It's not simple but it's all anyone has

Called it, nailed it. Put on your suit bud. Go sit on a real table. As soon as anyone points out that what we have isn't what we need the guys that put efforts into local organizations get mystified. Has nothing to do with anything other than putting that into the right motion, which we clearly have not accomplished. Only voice people have is a rigged survey and who knows what the outcome will be. Not enough. Laugh at that one @SpringVelocity. I've helped you out more than you have to me so there ya go bud.

Called it, nailed it. Put on your suit bud. Go sit on a real table. As soon as anyone points out that what we have isn't what we need the guys that put efforts into local organizations get mystified. Has nothing to do with anything other than putting that into the right motion, which we clearly have not accomplished. Only voice people have is a rigged survey and who knows what the outcome will be. Not enough. Laugh at that one @SpringVelocity. I've helped you out more than you have to me so there ya go bud.

You take this all way personally. There is difference on what happens in forum land and real life. Lots of good people on this and tons of hours. Face to face conservation.

It feels like lots of your posts are just hacking volunteers. I take offense to that sorry and will call it all out. And yes too me that is laughable as one of them.

As you go one haven't you noticed that guys close to process don't even post anymore?

Get your angry but it isn't any of our groups fault are lack of trying.

Anways carry on...

Last edited:
You take this all way personally. There is difference on what happens in forum land and real life. Lots of good people on this and tons of hours.

It feels like lots of your posts are just hacking volunteers. I take offense to that sorry and will call it all out. And yes too me that is laughable.

As you go one haven't you noticed that guys close to process don't even post anymore?

Get your angry but it isn't any of our groups fault are lack of trying.

Anways carry on.

I can see that notion and that's fair. I've been poking at the volunteers and the user groups because it's not enough. The forum is very little, if not none, and your right. He'll I don't even read some of these anymore because I done like clicking articles day after day. It's like an article log. I want to hear real opinions from real fisherman and people who know what's what. I think we have a real shot, however it has to be soon. On this round. I think this is the last stand before it come to the point where it's no longer an option. The sports world needs money and the management needs to come from all angles. It's best for Canada period.

time to retire the drama teacher and get someone competent at the helm. This fight is happening across the country in many different ways we’re just focusing on the one issue as fisherman on the west coast. What we need is an election. my two cents…

time to retire the drama teacher and get someone competent at the helm. This fight is happening across the country in many different ways we’re just focusing on the one issue as fisherman on the west coast. What we need is an election. my two cents…
I think we all agree here on that one or for the most part, however it doesn't elieviate us from having the right to do things. Only when we allow it. It's speculation. Bubble zone that

I think we all agree here on that one or for the most part, however it doesn't elieviate us from having the right to do things. Only when we allow it. It's speculation. Bubble zone that
Maybe I miss understand but fisheries is federally regulated the libs are calling the shots. We have to follow the law like it or not unfortunately. Only way to effect any change that will actually last is with a change in leadership at this point. again this is just my opinion but I would encourage everyone to remember that and consider it when you go to the polls next time.

Back