Best boat for overnighting and fishing??

fish4all

Just going into retirement stage and would like to find a boat for the wife and I to enjoy the BC coast.
Would appreciate a few recommendations. I have worked on the ocean most of my life but know little about pleasure boats.
Few things on the wish list.

-trailerable
-separate head
-fiberglass
-outboards
-stable.

My long ago days of commercial fishing make me nostalgic for something like the Richmond Star with a Whaler or old deadskiff. You've probably had enough of hallouts, scraping and painting.
Screenshot_20230812-140033.png

As an ex skagit 24xlc owner-I have to recommend the boat. Had it since new from 2003 -fished and stayed all the good fishing waters on WCVI-. Never missed a beatand still looked fabulous when sold in 2020

i would get a 40ft motor trawler like a nordhaven. BC is too big for less than multi day trips if you really want to explore. and nothing like a bigger boat with full size shower and king sized bed. e.g.

I would second the Skagit Orca. Very well built boats. The only other would be a Seasport but I was scared off by the brutal bow steer.

i would get a 40ft motor trawler like a nordhaven. BC is too big for less than multi day trips if you really want to explore. and nothing like a bigger boat with full size shower and king sized bed. e.g.
Nordhavens are freekin awesome. Also Seleene

Back