Attn Tofitians: or Tofino-ites

RiverBoy

I’m headed to Tofino in April for a couple days and i’m wondering if there are any remote beaches you can drive to. also suggestions for anything else to do and places to eat would be much appreciated. i’ve been told about Tacofino but looking for dinner spots as well. thanks in advance

There's no remote beaches you can drive to. The park has great beaches like radar hill, Florencia bay and McKenzie beach

Best restaurant is the Schooner bar none and best bar/food place is the Shelter

Depends on how you define remote. Florencia Bay is in the Park & pretty deserted. If you have small children there are Cougars to be aware of.
Most of these trails are short & go to a beach:

Depends on how you define remote. Florencia Bay is in the Park & pretty deserted. If you have small children there are Cougars to be aware of.
Most of these trails are short & go to a beach:

thanks for the link! don’t care about too remote i was hoping to explore some coastline but no biggie.

Agree with restaurants above, also really like Willie's place at Tofino Resort and Marina. The Hatch is the pub side and 1909 Kitchen is more of a dining room side; very good food on both sides of the building with differing menu's.

Don't waste your money dining at the Wickaninnish (if it is even open by then as it is shut down due to COVID), the views are great to have a cocktail but the food is overpriced for average meals in my opinion.

Can’t go wrong with food at shelter or wolf/fog... try their cedar sour on bar menu. Unreal.
yes!! i heard this place is great. thanks for the reminder

Is florencia bay the one you used to be able to access from the road to Ukee ( not far from the junction ) but you no longer can? there was a beach i recall visiting in my youth....you parked at a divider and walked straight toward the ocean....there was a beautiful bay and the. to the left ( south ) there was a blowhole if you walked over the rock bluff

Is florencia bay the one you used to be able to access from the road to Ukee ( not far from the junction ) but you no longer can? there was a beach i recall visiting in my youth....you parked at a divider and walked straight toward the ocean....there was a beautiful bay and the. to the left ( south ) there was a blowhole if you walked over the rock bluff

Yes it is the one near the highway junction but I can't comment on access to it. I would think you should be able to find some maps online of the park and don't forget there is a tourist center at the junction and there is also another one on your way in to Tofino on the right side of the road kind of near Cox Bay turn off. You can't miss it. There are a myriad of beaches to explore all through the park.

As for things to do there is the obvious of whale watching but you can also take a tour by boat up to Hot Springs Cove. Meares Island is pretty impressive wandering the boardwalks in a VERY old growth forest. Surfing if that is your thing and there are a number of schools to choose from.

Yes it is the one near the highway junction but I can't comment on access to it. I would think you should be able to find some maps online of the park and don't forget there is a tourist center at the junction and there is also another one on your way in to Tofino on the right side of the road kind of near Cox Bay turn off. You can't miss it. There are a myriad of beaches to explore all through the park.

As for things to do there is the obvious of whale watching but you can also take a tour by boat up to Hot Springs Cove. Meares Island is pretty impressive wandering the boardwalks in a VERY old growth forest. Surfing if that is your thing and there are a number of schools to choose from.
Hot Springs Cove is closed, has been since Covid

yes!! i heard this place is great. thanks for the reminder

Access to flo and halfmoon is still there. Just not much parking so it's not advertised. You can park on the road if the little parking lot is full (only ten spots) just don't block my driveway!

Tofin resort & marina has amazing food , try the sablefish, Chesterman beach or Cox bay were our favs and of course being a fish taco fanatic tacofino is a must for anyone venturing to Tofino .

We had dinner at Frankie's Resto-Bar Restaurant in Ucluelet when the wife and I stayed there last summer. Totally recommend it and would go back. Really good food and drinks. Reasonably priced. The scratch made Ceasar salad with pork belly was awesome. Granted I am Celiac, which cuts down my restaurant choices.

Hoping PHO’s allow travel to Tofino and the rest of the province at spring break, keep in mind that if not the locals may not welcome outsiders.

Access to flo and halfmoon is still there. Just not much parking so it's not advertised. You can park on the road if the little parking lot is full (only ten spots) just don't block my driveway!

so is half moon bay the semi secluded beach with the blow hole at the south end? if i remember you have to climb over the bluff?

Back