Where to eat in Tofino?

Heading to Tofino for a quick trip with the wife and kid. Using the Tuna pickup as an excuse for a little vacay. Got a sweet deal through BC Ferries Vacations staying at the Best Western (I didn't realize there was one there). $725 for return ferry and two nights. Anyways, I'm looking for recommendations for a good place to eat dinner both nights. Even something more casual for lunch. I'm hoping to avoid being turned away when we show up or having to wait in two hour lineups. So no Tacofino. Thanks guys!
Here now as well

The breakfast at the Best Western is actually no too bad , lots of variety , Wildside Grill is pretty good for take out , cause Tacofino is always really busy

The breakfast at the Best Western is actually no too bad , lots of variety , Wildside Grill is pretty good for take out , cause Tacofino is always really busy
During my brief surfing years we ate at both of those often. Too often.

My old man was the general contractor when they built the tin wis 30+ years ago…..and stayed on and ran it for many years. I also had way to many breakfasts and tequila shots with the clam in it. Wonder if they still do that?

Ended up doing Roar for dinner the first night. Open fire pit cooking which was cool. If you haven't checked out the lobby at the Z hotel it's a must see. Cool retro vibe done perfectly. Dinner was great. 9/10

Second night was at the Long Beach Lodge and that was very good too. Nothing crazy but everything was tasty and reasonably priced for a fancy-ish dinner. Can't beat the view. 7/10

We tried Lil Ronnie's smoke shack for lunch and it was meh. The ribs were terrible but the brisket was above average for most smoke shops (that's not saying much). Good flavor and color but the meat was dry. They give you a nice fatty peice but even then the "meat" portion was still noticeably lacking moisture. I will say that the accoutrement that comes with the meat is fantastic. Pickles of all kinds and two sauces. Their house made bbq is garbage. 4.5/10

The Tin Wis was fantastic to stay at and the big inlcuded breakfast sure was a nice treat for that kind of thing. No waffle machine though. Free water bottles, coffee, fruit and muffins all day. I took advantage.

Tofino as a whole was still too busy for me. Beach parking lots were jammed full of sprinters. #vanlife I guess.

Ended up doing Roar for dinner the first night. Open fire pit cooking which was cool. If you haven't checked out the lobby at the Z hotel it's a must see. Cool retro vibe done perfectly. Dinner was great. 9/10

Second night was at the Long Beach Lodge and that was very good too. Nothing crazy but everything was tasty and reasonably priced for a fancy-ish dinner. Can't beat the view. 7/10

We tried Lil Ronnie's smoke shack for lunch and it was meh. The ribs were terrible but the brisket was above average for most smoke shops (that's not saying much). Good flavor and color but the meat was dry. They give you a nice fatty peice but even then the "meat" portion was still noticeably lacking moisture. I will say that the accoutrement that comes with the meat is fantastic. Pickles of all kinds and two sauces. Their house made bbq is garbage. 4.5/10

The Tin Wis was fantastic to stay at and the big inlcuded breakfast sure was a nice treat for that kind of thing. No waffle machine though. Free water bottles, coffee, fruit and muffins all day. I took advantage.

Tofino as a whole was still too busy for me. Beach parking lots were jammed full of sprinters. #vanlife I guess.
Good old days sleeping driving on the beach and pitching a tent are gone. Fires and hotdogs. Lol

As someone that had our small Pomeranian on a leash attacked twice by big, free running dogs on Tofino beaches I applaud that by law

I didn't realize that all beaches had to be leashed up. I thought it was just the ones to the south where they were concerned about the migration or nesting of some sea birds.

I didn't realize that all beaches had to be leashed up. I thought it was just the ones to the south where they were concerned about the migration or nesting of some sea birds.

Actually it's not all beaches, just the more popular ones. Except during peak bird migration seasons

Back