Where to eat in Tofino?

Rain City

Crew Member
Heading to Tofino for a quick trip with the wife and kid. Using the Tuna pickup as an excuse for a little vacay. Got a sweet deal through BC Ferries Vacations staying at the Best Western (I didn't realize there was one there). $725 for return ferry and two nights. Anyways, I'm looking for recommendations for a good place to eat dinner both nights. Even something more casual for lunch. I'm hoping to avoid being turned away when we show up or having to wait in two hour lineups. So no Tacofino. Thanks guys!

Was going to say shed is pretty good, the little outdoor restaurant at pacific sands is a great place to go to for lunch, never anybody there and pretty reasonably priced, very good food.

Tofitian for your morning coffee and pastry. Tacofino in same parking lot for lunch. take it and go sit at Chesterman beach and enjoy the view. i’m thinking that things may be weird around 1909 for the time being….

I would stay away from the Wik......maybe go for a drink and enjoy the view but the food is pretty mediocre for a high price.

Wolf in the Fog is pretty good but not what it used to be when it was in the top 25 new restaurants in Canada a few years back.

SoBo right by the liquor store is great eating; grab one of her cookbooks while there as well. She has some outstanding recipes.

I have always liked 1909 but as someone mentioned earlier.....not sure what is happening there.

Shed and Shelter are both pretty good but nothing out of the ordinary.

If wanting to grab a sandwich or others stuff and maybe take to the beach the Red Can which is a small take out spot just off the highway on Industrial Way has great eats.

Next to the Tofitian there is the Wildside Grill. Have never eaten there in all of my years of being over there but had breakfast there the morning after our tuna excursion this year and it was great. Lunch menu looks fantastic as well.

i find it it almost funny that when someone asks where to eat in bam,, well, theres the restaurant on the west side, thursday-sunday, pizza at the store, or the cafe and god only knows when its open.

i find it it almost funny that when someone asks where to eat in bam,, well, theres the restaurant on the west side, thursday-sunday, pizza at the store, or the cafe and god only knows when its open.
Paved road = more restaurants. Win win?

Was going to say shed is pretty good, the little outdoor restaurant at pacific sands is a great place to go to for lunch, never anybody there and pretty reasonably priced, very good food.

+1 The outdoor dining at Pacific Sands is great if the weather is good - lots of gas fire pits with chairs around them to sit and enjoy and you can go for a walk on the beach after.

Had a great dinner at Long Beach Lodge last week if you are looking for something a bit more upscale. Great view, that's where we got the sunset photos I posted in the Tuna Reports.

Without a doubt a brilliant restaurant.

We go there twice a year anniversary and wife's bday - stay at their motel out back

You will need to make a reservation well in advance (2 sittings). 3 or 5 course meal

Back