Looking for a 30 or 40 hp

jacksonM

Im 16 and bought my first boat last spring. It’s a 14 foot Boston whaler clone, but I bought it without a motor expecting I would have no issue finding one. I’m coming up on a year of having the boat and not being able to use it. Many times I have found a motor on Facebook marketplace, government surplus auctions, or sometimes lease returned or pre owned outboards from marine dealers, but every time it has either been too much for my budget or I have been ignored by the seller. As a bit of a last hope I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can get my hands on a motor. I’m looking for a 30 or 40 horsepower motor 4 stroke with power start and tilt, and remote control ( but I would convert from a tiller if I had too). preferably 2008 or newer. My budget is around $3000-$3500, but I would be willing to pay more for the right motor. If anyone has a motor and is willing to sell or knows of one being sold please let me know. I live on Van Isl but I could go to the mainland for a motor. I’ve posted on a few other of the forums as well. My Email is jacksonmartin12@icloud.com

There's a big difference between the 30hp and 40 hp ranges. What's the boat rated for?

I've got a 40 merc efi with fairly low hours that I would make a deal on.

Last edited:
There's a big difference between the 30hp and 40 hp ranges. What's the boat rated for?

I've got a 40 merc efi with fairly low hours that I would make a deal on.
It had a 40 hp Yamaha jet on it before I bought it, so 40 would work great, I’m Definately interested.

Back