Aluminum vs. Fiberglass....Pursuit vs. Harbercraft

haha...well im sure you'd easily find another guide who knows how to fish well. it's not too tough...a lot of guys up on the north end who love and are good fisherman. and ya..it's pretty easy getting business for fishing...it's a huge market. we just go to one show in Salt Lake City and that almost fills us up for the whole year plus the repeats. Alberta has a lot of potential customers too. Hopefully we do well, I'm sure we'll (by we mean most guides out there) all make the clients happy out there...all seem to know what we're doing (fingers crossed). After awhile it gets annoying having to be hustled on the radio all the time by some of the guys...but now it's kinda funny I guess...and thanks for at least not doing that haha. I don't even get the nickname they have...but oh well. Get along well with Todd anyway...he's a good guy, talk to him a bit.

Just remember that most guy's up there have been up there for so long...they seem territorial now...and some of them are just plain asses to begin with.
As far as getting a qualified operator for a vessel...not so easy
A guide this year has to have a MED A3 and a ROC-MC...just try and find a decent guy with all the credentials and will also keep the vessel in tip top shape....not so easy!

Yeah..that's what I figured about the territorial thing. So be it I guess. My Dad and I are taking those courses in the spring...getting all that organized (or at least attempting to research into it) as we speak. And keeping the boat in good shape is def important...I swere if it wasn't for my washing the boat everyday when we come in my Dad would have the Pursuit looking a couple years older already...but that's part of my job...i clean the boats cuz i have like OCD haha...and he does stuff with the fish. Do you put the Jessie's Girl in a garage/storage somewhere or just cover er up? Last year unfortunately we left the Campion out and I'm sure it took off some years from it's like expentancy!

Yeah...I know we are doing that. And I wasn't lying to you when I said I swere i think the bigger one has to be registered commercially cuz when we brought the big one into Canada we had to through the commericial crossing (as we informed them it was for fishing charters)..so why the BC number I'm not sure. But ya..I have the list and there is only 1 thing we need on the boat to have it inspected and pass (plus courses). So we're doing that. I arrange all that sort of stuff with the business and also deal with the ppl, aka emails and what not, so I'll be sure to get er all set up in the next bit...probably over Xmas break when I'm back in BC and can arrange er a bit easier. Oh, and saw you on the ferry to Horseshoe Bay...well saw you drive off with a camper and your boat early in Sept...at least I'm assuming it was you.

Hey Paramedic, what did this machine set you back?
Cheers
quote:Originally posted by paramedic

HI
We just took delivery of our new boat 2008 hewescraft ocean pro 22ft, with 225 yammie and 8t kicker. I love this boat it handles the watet way better than my last boat a 24 bayliner that was twice the weight. Hewes craft also makes a 26 foot boat called the alaskan. The are made in the states but now that our dollar is so good you can get a pretty good deal on them.
IMG_2609_1.jpg
[/IMG]

Back