Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t sure so just looked 19-3, 19-4 and yes the 45-67 is just for wilds, this one was a hatchery so not an issue but was at the time thinking it was for both. I can’t imagine the frustration in-areas like 19-5 etc in Sidney looking for that fish between 62cm-67cm

Last edited:
Thanks Scott & Brett for correcting me. I should stop trying to give advice as I seem to get it wrong often.

Fairly slow today at Constance for halibut, currently trolling around in pedder bay which is also slow haha.

Fairly slow today at Constance for halibut, currently trolling around in pedder bay which is also slow haha.
How were the currents? What time did you hit bottom and were fishing deep 300f? I managed to throw a few crab traps in and troll for 15 minutes today but thinking about Hali tomorrow. My fishing plans w a 1 and 4 year old are always a bit ambitious.

How were the currents? What time did you hit bottom and were fishing deep 300f? I managed to throw a few crab traps in and troll for 15 minutes today but thinking about Hali tomorrow. My fishing plans w a 1 and 4 year old are always a bit ambitious.
Good for you for getting the kids out and not overdoing it. It will pay off later.;)

Out today trolling from esquimalt to Albert head then back along waterfront. 3 undersize lings not a sniff of salmon. Did see a boat at Fleming cleaning 4 fish though.

Last edited:
Crabbing report is one keeper and the ocean is keeping one nice commercial trap for now at least. Either a commercial crabber laid his traps over mine or it go stuck on some rocks. Trap puller is now out of commission and I’ll be a little sore from pulling the second one up by hand.

how often do commercial guys reset their gear? I might have to get a free diver out on my next trip.

kids had a good time.

Was out yesterday trolled Esquimalt to the flagpole around high tide...one little shaker for the effort. However there was loads of bait off the flagpole area. High in the water column and jumping at the surface. Hopefully that bodes well for fishing in the coming weeks.

Fished the Gap area. Lots of bait and fish on the sounder but not even a hit. Headed out to the flats for another hour. The flats seemed void of anything. First time completely skunked.
Crabbing wasn't much better. Two legal but clawless dungies and a few rock crabs thrown back. Did catch another boat trying to pull my traps. I will think the best and assume it was an honest mistake.

Fished the Gap area. Lots of bait and fish on the sounder but not even a hit. Headed out to the flats for another hour. The flats seemed void of anything. First time completely skunked.
Crabbing wasn't much better. Two legal but clawless dungies and a few rock crabs thrown back. Did catch another boat trying to pull my traps. I will think the best and assume it was an honest mistake.
If they had a garbage bag for a kicker cover it wasn’t a honest mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back