Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished OB flats from 7 15 to 10 am Sunday. 2 fish to the boat, 7lb wild and 5 lb hatchery.
Also observed one other boat who arrived around 8 am caught a salmon after putting his gear down (10 minutes max) and then an hour later caught his second salmon and went home. Maybe he will read this and confirm size of his fish and whether using bait or lures?

4 hours trolling off Albert Head yesterday. No birds, no seals, no bait and no salmon – totally dead. We spent another hour off Victoria – much the same as Albert Head.

Managed to recover my trap and she had 8 male keepers in her. I was so down, but "I'M BACK BABY!" Trap that I had recovered by hand beside her on Sunday had 3 undersized, go figure, that's fising. Got to give my Bro crabs which is nice. Special thanks to Esquimalt Anglers, the member cleaning up had the ramp spotless free of wood. Really appreciate such a great place to launch and recover in 15kn winds.

Yeah I have to clean the boat, but some thing has to give with a business, sick wife and two little kids and thank god it isn't always boating and fishing.

04062529-CED8-49AE-89D7-FCFCBDA93D78_1_201_a.jpeg

Managed to recover my trap and she had 8 male keepers in her. I was so down, but "I'M BACK BABY!" Trap that I had recovered by hand beside her on Sunday had 3 undersized, go figure, that's fising. Got to give my Bro crabs which is nice. Special thanks to Esquimalt Anglers, the member cleaning up had the ramp spotless free of wood. Really appreciate such a great place to launch and recover in 15kn winds.

Yeah I have to clean the boat, but some thing has to give with a business, sick wife and two little kids and thank god it isn't always boating and fishing.

View attachment 76206
Congrats on getting the traps back!

Side note… buy one of these kits from Canadian Tire or Princess Auto. A little soap, the big flat brush and your impact will have that floor clean in minutes.

Attachments

• FF2D2968-C434-4C63-821F-11DA2177B569.png
    FF2D2968-C434-4C63-821F-11DA2177B569.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 16FD8414-21B4-47D3-ACDC-0C6D3CE30ED8.png
    16FD8414-21B4-47D3-ACDC-0C6D3CE30ED8.png
    451.7 KB · Views: 58
Congrats on getting the traps back!

Side note… buy one of these kits from Canadian Tire or Princess Auto. A little soap, the big flat brush and your impact will have that floor clean in minutes.
Thanks I gave her a good clean, she earned it. I'll keep my eyes open for one of those!

Anyone heading out for Hali after NoBananas report? I might try this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Tried for Halibut. Got bounced around a lot. Nothing for myself but know of few caught.

Prawn trap was just another rope pulling workout.

Trap was loaded with big dungeness crabs, unfortunately almost all were too soft.

Got a chicken minutes after getting the first dog about 8:15 and then slow and then a dog fest around 11. Dozens of krill/shrimp on our bait. Son was thrilled to throw them in a cup and check them out, before he fell asleep in my arms on the run in and slept in the cuddy while we loaded the boat on the trailer. Did pretty will for a sick kid. Nice to see lots of sign of life down there. Sun was out. 275773307_10165979650870253_936653111479141173_n.jpg
275785322_10165979650850253_2750835860972096947_n.jpg

Oak Bay on Sunday. Fished the Gap area to the flats. Not a touch from a salmon. Very little in the sounder. There was a big cloud of krill blown through Baynes channel when the flood started to push hard. Birds were on it, but nothing else.

Oak Bay on Sunday. Fished the Gap area to the flats. Not a touch from a salmon. Very little in the sounder. There was a big cloud of krill blown through Baynes channel when the flood started to push hard. Birds were on it, but nothing else.
Thanks for all your reports my tow vehicle is on loan to my son and you have helped me not feel sad

Thanks for all your reports my tow vehicle is on loan to my son and you have helped me not feel sad
Your welcome. I'm certainly not an expert, but I usually catch something if there is any amount around. I think it's important to report yey or nay, especially with the price of gas these days. Definitely nice to get out regardless. I'll be out of commission for at least a few weeks.

Oak bay has been dead for me as well, odd nice fish around but practically 0 bait. The needles will show up soon, and not far behind that, salmon closures and then salmon lol

I had to take command of a navy training ship all weekend. Worse was the fact that the training took place in Constance bank and around albert head. I kept looking out the bridge windows at all the people out there fishing..... well today I had the day off for working the weekend and decided last minute to head out. Being a monday I didn't have a short notice fishing buddy so I and to do it solo.

Work up early, got the kid ready and dropped off at school, let the wife sleep in made sure the wife was happy, then went down to the boat and got it ready. Dropped a crab trap off on the way and set up on anchor for about 1 hour or so then got a bite.

Attachments

• 275503413_498310715184601_3227342933117177499_n.jpg
    275503413_498310715184601_3227342933117177499_n.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 163
I had to take command of a navy training ship all weekend. Worse was the fact that the training took place in Constance bank and around albert head. I kept looking out the bridge windows at all the people out there fishing..... well today I had the day off for working the weekend and decided last minute to head out. Being a monday I didn't have a short notice fishing buddy so I and to do it solo.

Work up early, got the kid ready and dropped off at school, let the wife sleep in made sure the wife was happy, then went down to the boat and got it ready. Dropped a crab trap off on the way and set up on anchor for about 1 hour or so then got a bite.
Awesome and thank you for your service..

Got out today 12-4:30 for the afternoon flood off Esq. Pretty slow and only 3 boats out but did get one hit at 3:10pm which made a good run when he seen my scruffy mug but then managed to coax it to the side of the boat. I knew it was gonna be close with the slot 45cm-67cm but this guy came in at 66cm and got to meet some wood. Stayed close to save gas and trolled 100-120 ft deep with trusty old 4 in herring aid spoon on long leader near the bottom off the Green Can. Police were out & launched their skiff off the back of their ship near the breakwater then it sided the only 2 boats fishing. I was checked last month so it was a quick visit with us. I’m lovin my new to me Campion 542 and can’t wait to get out again.
chunky fish awesome

Is that you enjoying the sun as much as us? Tough to head in when it feels like Hawai. We honked on our way by and have one chicken on hearinf. After leaving our led at home we are fishing of the downriggers only two massive tangles.
If you are talking to me “Newf”,,, yes I was out enjoying the awesome day. I didn’t hear anyone honk but I’m getting old and maybe a bit deaf as well. . I’m in the red Ranger Tug. My buddy picked up a small chicken but nothing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back