Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know what the incident of Mt, Doug beach was all about Wednesday? Involved a crab boat, RCMP two shiprider vessels and aircraft from Cdn and US Coast Guard.

Spent 4 hours SE of Discovery on the anchor looking for hali. Beautiful day on the water for mid winter, flat calm. Only one dogfish to show for our efforts.

We were SE of Race from 10-3 with one dog and one ratfish for my buddy and not a nibble for me. I wasn't paying attention and swung around and hooked the anchor line. No fun pulling up the line by hand to get the hook out of the anchor line. Luckily it was hooked about 150ft from the chain and not near the chain. Hard work for two out of shape farts.

Woke up today and wife told me she wanted to go fishing….. she never does. She doesn’t like going out when it’s cold or cloudy…. This makes no sense…

If I don’t report back by the end of the day…. Don’t let her sell my boat too cheaply lol

Last edited:
Woke up today and wife told me she wanted to go fishing….. she never does. She doesn’t like going out when it’s cold or cloudy…. This makes no sense…

If I don’t report back by the end of the day…. Don’t let her sell my boat too cheaply lol
Went out for a few hours off pedder bay. Had one bite but fish took the bait right behind the hook and left the head and hook with a clean bite of the rest.

Thankfully it was mostly calm and wife worked on her school assignment most of the time but I didn’t turn my back to her too often or get to close to the edge of the boat hahahaha

We went home without a halibut but at least got 7 keeper crab on the way back.

all in all days are getting nicer out there

Going to head out tomorrow, reports aren’t sounding to amazing, live in sooke but thinking of trailering the boat to Victoria, don’t have an anchor yet going to try drifting for some flat fish and troll some winter springs. Hopefully have something to report back about haha.

Got out today 12-4:30 for the afternoon flood off Esq. Pretty slow and only 3 boats out but did get one hit at 3:10pm which made a good run when he seen my scruffy mug but then managed to coax it to the side of the boat. I knew it was gonna be close with the slot 45cm-67cm but this guy came in at 66cm and got to meet some wood. Stayed close to save gas and trolled 100-120 ft deep with trusty old 4 in herring aid spoon on long leader near the bottom off the Green Can. Police were out & launched their skiff off the back of their ship near the breakwater then it sided the only 2 boats fishing. I was checked last month so it was a quick visit with us. I’m lovin my new to me Campion 542 and can’t wait to get out again.

Attachments

• 0ABCBC6E-5845-4E4D-BCC6-FD043CFF8463.jpeg
    0ABCBC6E-5845-4E4D-BCC6-FD043CFF8463.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 82
Got out today 12-4:30 for the afternoon flood off Esq. Pretty slow and only 3 boats out but did get one hit at 3:10pm which made a good run when he seen my scruffy mug but then managed to coax it to the side of the boat. I knew it was gonna be close with the slot 45cm-67cm but this guy came in at 66cm and got to meet some wood. Stayed close to save gas and trolled 100-120 ft deep with trusty old 4 in herring aid spoon on long leader near the bottom off the Green Can. Police were out & launched their skiff off the back of their ship near the breakwater then it sided the only 2 boats fishing. I was checked last month so it was a quick visit with us. I’m lovin my new to me Campion 542 and can’t wait to get out again.
The slot is just for wild fish right?

Going to head out tomorrow, reports aren’t sounding to amazing, live in sooke but thinking of trailering the boat to Victoria, don’t have an anchor yet going to try drifting for some flat fish and troll some winter springs. Hopefully have something to report back about haha.
Heading from pedder tomorrow. Dropping crab traps and going for Hali. Currents look strong for the morning so late start for me . Will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back