2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is nobody fishing these days?! It's crunch time. I managed that one day and now I'm dead in the water again. Hoping to get fixed up, again, by the end of the week and put a solid couple weeks in.

Is nobody fishing these days?! It's crunch time. I managed that one day and now I'm dead in the water again. Hoping to get fixed up, again, by the end of the week and put a solid couple weeks in.
I’m heading over to Thrasher rock this morning about halfway across the strait now. My fishing buddies are way behind schedule so I’m diverting over the entrance island and I’ll troll back along Gabriola towards Thrasher when those two Late starters get their boat in the water. Anybody got any good tips for that side of George Street?

I’m heading over to Thrasher rock this morning about halfway across the strait now. My fishing buddies are way behind schedule so I’m diverting over the entrance island and I’ll troll back along Gabriola towards Thrasher when those two Late starters get their boat in the water. Anybody got any good tips for that side of George Street?
Fish deep. I've had success in April fishing 200' plus.

Got out today; had a look at Grace - some bait, no bites. Moved to Hutt. One just under and boxed one keeper. Both fish on No Bananas skinny G spoons. Smaller fish on bottom; larger fish mid-column. My buddy managed to wrestle the larger fish away from whiskers - a few fresh claw marks down the sides of the fish when he landed it. A bit cool and rainy in patches, but calm seas and great day on the water.

I think have the same Garmin unit. Are you usually running 200khz at that depth
Honestly I was just running that as it was the default setting and I was happy with the picture but running a lower frequency would give you a wider “cone” to see wider view which would maybe let you see your downriggers which I wasn’t picking up here but I didn’t mind as I mostly bounce the bottom this time of year

Honestly I was just running that as it was the default setting and I was happy with the picture but running a lower frequency would give you a wider “cone” to see wider view which would maybe let you see your downriggers which I wasn’t picking up here but I didn’t mind as I mostly bounce the bottom this time of year
Gotcha. I usually stay on the med. Chirp setting and was curious if I should try that frequency.

Got out again yesterday around the bell buoy, got my 2 fish in a hour and had 2 unders, nice feeders nothing huge around 8-9 pounds. they were both a marble flesh more red then white tho.

Attachments

• F094B344-B0EC-484B-A8C7-70FF87BA9A1E.jpeg
    F094B344-B0EC-484B-A8C7-70FF87BA9A1E.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 146
  • 7F403ACE-3085-4A54-92DC-FA1766AFC3A6.jpeg
    7F403ACE-3085-4A54-92DC-FA1766AFC3A6.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 144
Got out again yesterday around the bell buoy, got my 2 fish in a hour and had 2 unders, nice feeders nothing huge around 8-9 pounds. they were both a marble flesh more red then white tho.
Nice weeks work, Im jealous, been too windy for me. Was wednesdays fish un clipped too? Tuesday looks doable for us short boat guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back