Status
Not open for further replies.
Battled the winds yesterday in Beecher.
Even with the gale, we managed 8 Coho, one clipped, and 4 chinooks, non-clipped. Biggest in the early teens.
Beecher was pushed full of bait by the wind I think. The hot spoon was an outfitter color Wee gee. Most of the fish chucked up 1.5"-2" sandlance looking things.

Looking for confirmation on where springs are allowed to be kept. I've attached my best guess at the location that allows retention, the enclosed blue line, not the line to Aldridge. Could someone please confirm? I will REPORT my luck next week when I am in the area.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220713-190328_C-MAP.jpg
    Screenshot_20220713-190328_C-MAP.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 72
Looking for confirmation on where springs are allowed to be kept. I've attached my best guess at the location that allows retention, the enclosed blue line, not the line to Aldridge. Could someone please confirm? I will REPORT my luck next week when I am in the area.

Thanks
I'm not a Becher local and no expert, but I've popped in there a couple times this year and that would be the boundary as I understand it. Good luck!
FWIW the couple times I stopped in there it was fairly crowded given the small amount of water. To me it seemed like a nice spot to fish if the weather was bad there were only a few other boats in the area--but a bit silly when you get to 10 or 15 boats in there. For my 2 bits, you have a better crack at salmon retention and a more enjoyable day of fishing going after hatchery coho fishing off Beechey Head while possibly C&R the odd spring along the way.

I'm not a Becher local and no expert, but I've popped in there a couple times this year and that would be the boundary as I understand it. Good luck!
FWIW the couple times I stopped in there it was fairly crowded given the small amount of water. To me it seemed like a nice spot to fish if the weather was bad there were only a few other boats in the area--but a bit silly when you get to 10 or 15 boats in there. For my 2 bits, you have a better crack at salmon retention and a more enjoyable day of fishing going after hatchery coho fishing off Beechey Head while possibly C&R the odd spring along the way.
Thank you for the link! I agree about the Coho and C&R the springs... a nice spring is a hell of a by-catch

Thanks
Looks like Looks like Frazer Island to creyke to lamb is closed starting on August 1st

No fishing for Chinook...

-00:01 hours August 1, 2022 until 23:59 hours October 31, 2022 for Subarea 20-5 in the Juan de Fuca Strait;

Heading out tomorrow for coho on a friend's boat. Will be there around 10 and fishing till maybe 12 or 1. Feel free to call me on VHF 68 if you want to see how we are doing.

It sure looks like it to me.
I think Muir point is referring to the little black dot, on what would be the end of the Bluffs. Didn't know that it was called that. Otter Point is further West . Above the printing of Muir Point so it appears to reference Otter point but is referencing the dot on the other end above the "t" in point. An honest mistake. You would have to be fluent in "DFO speak" to read it at first glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back