Had a great 4 hours on the water today. Had a couple low teens to the boat at Trap Shack, released unharmed, and one pin popper right on the retention line in Becher Bay that didn't stick. Talked to a buddy that got into the Coho just off Bechy Head, which is where most of the boats that were out seemed to be today. Beautiful day and great company onboard.

J12 1.jpg

J12.jpg

What's the date when we can start keeping springs? I can't really tell from the regs. And the area description is so convoluted, I'm trying to figure out where I can legally fish!

I t
What's the date when we can start keeping springs? I can't really tell from the regs. And the area description is so convoluted, I'm trying to figure out where I can legally fish!
I think the regs for Chinook will be an in season announcement, like last year. You can sign up for the latest anouncements on the DFO website.

I'm signed up with fisheries and get all of their updates and notices now but it's still a challenge figuring it out. It looked like the only areas we're allowed to fish were in the bay but the coordinates threw me. I'll definitely sign up for the fishingbc app. Never tried that one before.

I'm signed up with fisheries and get all of their updates and notices now but it's still a challenge figuring it out. It looked like the only areas we're allowed to fish were in the bay but the coordinates threw me. I'll definitely sign up for the fishingbc app. Never tried that one before.
Its open at Frazer Island to creyke to hoskyn point

Chinook Salmon (Hatchery)Beecher BayDaily Limit Pieces1 - One Chinook per day, hatchery marked only. Minimum 45 cm.

Here is the map for area 20-5 that is open for retention.

View attachment 67202
Thanks for posting. The coordinates used in the Restrictions dont line up with the orange exactly. At least it doesn't with my app. I assume the GPS coordinates would take precedent over map?

Took a run out to beechy head from pedder this morning. Fished from 930-12 and brought up 18 coho. 6 hatchery 12 wild. Kept two hatchery that were roughly 23 inch. 500ft of water and fished 57-74ft
Thanks for the report Island Reel! Any tips on colors or lures that you found productive? 18 fish in less than 3hrs must have kept you pretty busy ;)

Thanks for the report Island Reel! Any tips on colors or lures that you found productive? 18 fish in less than 3hrs must have kept you pretty busy ;)
Yes it was busy! I'm not complaining though! One side I had a no bananas flasher and a no bananas wee g , 4ft leader. Other side was a Gibbs highliner flasher (green/silver) with a white Jughead hoochie on a 28inch leader. Speed was up, I had about a 35° angle on the downrigger cable with 12lb balls.

Back