2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Yes RiverBoy, every fish was stuffed full of squid as there was a big moon.

We caught about 300 prawns also. It was not very good as the commercial boats have been vacuuming up the prawns for a couple of weeks.

Hi All. I’m heading to Nootka sound for the first time on June 25-28. Very excited. Could anyone please provide me any tips or advice on locations, lures and flashers that will work at the end of June. Thank you!

Hi Reelrude, Yup, we will be back at the same time, same place. We look forward to seeing you there then. Got a couple other trips there too before then... Halibut Hustle and Shakedown Cruise... Will you be there then???
We are hitting the JJ and our usual times in July and August

Hi All. I’m heading to Nootka sound for the first time on June 25-28. Very excited. Could anyone please provide me any tips or advice on locations, lures and flashers that will work at the end of June. Thank you!
You are doing the right thing.

Read the reports and go through the archived reports for the time of year you are planning to fish.
Go fish and then post your report.

Welcome to the forum.

Anyone generous fishermen care to share a hali spot in Nootka sound? I found my Ling cod hole
But the flatties continue to evade me

There’s some better spots out past Bajo reef on the edge of some of the contours in 160-200 ft water look on your chart be aware of the closed areas around bajo reef
Good luck use salmon bellies and herring you should see some results

billydoo

The place I’m thinking your talking about says MG on Chart 3675 but on Naviomics
It just says M. ???
Get out there and explore, try different places. Read the charts that you have, look for structure, check out the areas. That’s what fishing is all about, sometimes you strike gold, sometimes you strike out. Like most places on WCVI, there are a fair number of Hali’s and lings out at Nootka/ Esperanza. Go find ‘em. That’s what makes it fun. Good luck…

Get out there and explore, try different places. Read the charts that you have, look for structure, check out the areas. That’s what fishing is all about, sometimes you strike gold, sometimes you strike out. Like most places on WCVI, there are a fair number of Hali’s and lings out at Nootka/ Esperanza. Go find ‘em. That’s what makes it fun. Good luck…
Well I’m 0 for 7 with hali so the tips are welcome.

Back