Status
Not open for further replies.
just a wee note, in 2006 I was fishing off cracroft and had 2 test seiners nearby. My son and I had a crazy day of sockeyes....yet when we went home that night, on the test site, it said almost nill caught by the test boats. . In asking around, I found their nets go down 50 ft.. yet we we overrun at 90-100 ft. So they passed underneath real deep. Could this be the same this yr. I have seen Lowrance prints off deep bay 2 weeks ago, of a solid wall of fish 200-235 feet.

North arm was slow for us this morning. We fished from 10:30-1:30 and only had 1 sockeye and 1 wild coho. Decided t move to SA and started in 600’ of water and within 2 hours brought 5 fish to the boat. All on green and red flashers and M15 hoochie.

Yesterday. While fishing deep water off the south arm we noted huge masses from 180 to 240 feet...... Several times. I wont go down there with all my flash to get tangled but when noted the same huge masses at 120 we got into a double. Although our best depths have been 40-60 feet. I think were seeing huge schools deep. Heck the trollers were working it all day with fish across the straight. Theres millions still out there in my opinion. Find em and vaVoom. Its been fun looking forward to 2022.

A5DC2146-5189-4181-AA43-6BA46A7F8EDD.jpeg As indicated earlier, it was a great night. Not sure what this donkey was trying to do but we could hear other boats yelling “Throw it back, it’s too small!”

On my way out but not til 11 am til 6 pm, heading deep out of SA so having functional remote trolling steering should be a big help over last week! See ya out there, cheers

I was out yesterday 7am to 2:30 pm . Got one nice hatch coho and that’s it couldn’t get a sockeye everyone out there seemed to be catching em but me. Not sure why we were using one dummy off the ball then green flasher and pink squirt at 40’ 90’ slow troll not a bite. Got fed up and went for springs lost a big one. Had a great day she calmed down and was hot out there. What was I doing wrong??? Thanks for any information cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back