Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take a moment to appreciate how much of a beauty killeraye is.. Posts a pic of his daughter, someone comments about her, and he says no worries and posts another pic of her lmao. Nice couple fish she had there too.

Few fish at thrasher 240 deep, hoochies

Thanks Tockeytalmon. I like your token report at the end there(?)(keepin’ the moderators from chiming in! lol) and thanks Raincity for the concern but I think Brian’s comment was complimentary. Even if it was crude I think I’d probably just laugh!
But if you guys start talking about my tacky boat...well then you got a fight! Lol (No, I’d probably just laugh!

Omg....... I've been scratching my head wondering what all the drama was about. I figured raincity must be friends with killerraye which is how he knew it was his daughter. I was scrolling back through the posts and just now read Killerraye's post that preceded his pic. Now I feel like an extra special dick. For the record I was quickly scrolling through looking for new reports on Thrasher, saw the pic thought it was someones wife or girlfriend, took a shot in simple fun and carried on. As I said Killerraye. Really sorry. Now can we get back to fishing

Last edited:
now wonder she is in good shape dad makes her crank those riggers from 200 ft

Nope. Dad does all the work. Let’s her play all the fish. Her ultimate (life) guide! ❤️
I’m way too cheap (poor) to get electrics so I’ll definitely be making and trying one of those shuttle hawk things!
Thanks Ian!

Ok. Back to reports
I have a question. When does this current fishery come to a close? Are the legal fish being caught right now Columbia river bound?
I’ve missed out on this spring bonanza in my relatively short fishing career just by not knowing about it! Should’ve been reading up more here! And what comes next?
I’m planning an Alberni Inlet trip with my two boys in June for sockeye but is there anything else happening locally soon after this?

Ok. Back to reports
I have a question. When does this current fishery come to a close? Are the legal fish being caught right now Columbia river bound?
I’ve missed out on this spring bonanza in my relatively short fishing career just by not knowing about it! Should’ve been reading up more here! And what comes next?
I’m planning an Alberni Inlet trip with my two boys in June for sockeye but is there anything else happening locally soon after this?

You can catch salmon practically every day of the year. There will almost always be something to catch or harvest within a reasonable distance on the ocean or in the rivers away. That’s the beauty of where we live.

Ran across to Gabriola and just dropped the lines 1 mile off Thrasher...one undersize fo start....nice afternoon

Gents..anyone out today? If so, has the water cleared up at all yet? Also...how's the obstacle course?
Beautiful out at The Hump. Had decent action earlier on meat at 130-180. Been quiet for the last 30mins and I’ll be leaving here shortly. No other boats out.

Our daily and possession limits are halved effective June 1. Area 28 and 29.

Big lodges are getting hammered as well..... I only have one wish....and that is that the FN opportunities on the river are cut by 50% and their hours of fishing are reduced by 50% as well.

As for the Commercial Trollers out there affected by this in the strongest possible means working hard to make an honest living.....I salute you.

http://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=208486&ID=all

Enjoy the 1 Chinook per Day limit everyone.

Just confirming that, with updated regs, retention of chinook for north arm, T-10, Sandheads areas is 1 until October.

Southern BC Inside Waters

Areas 13 to 18, 28 and 29 and Subareas 19-1 to 19-6 (except those portions
listed below):

Effective June 1, 2018 until September 30, 2018, the daily limit for Chinook
Salmon is one (1) per day in in Areas 13 to 17, 28 and 29
with the exception of
those four areas listed below under the headings Strait of Georgia, Pender
Island, Juan de Fuca and Fraser River mouth. Terminal fishing opportunities
at full limits for Chinook may be considered in-season if abundance permits.

Effective October 1, 2018 until further notice, the daily limit for Chinook
Salmon is two (2) per day in in Areas 13 to 19, 28 and 29.

Mouth of the Fraser River – Partial closure

• Partial closures will allow recreational and commercial fishers to operate in certain portions of the area at specific times to harvest species other than Chinook salmon.
  • Goal: To increase the availability of preferred prey, and limit disturbance from recreational and commercial fishers while facilitating some fishing opportunities to mitigate economic impacts.
Map of closures for the Mouth of the Fraser River
June 1 to Sept. 30: Recreational salmon fishing closure in Subareas 29-7, 29-9 & 29-10.
June 1 to July 31: Recreational and commercial salmon fishing closure in Subarea 29-6.
Aug.1 to Sept. 30: Recreational and commercial chinook non-retention in Subarea 29-6.
fraser-eng.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back