2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

"gorby" LOL- Whistler-ese acronym for 'Geeks on Rented Boards'. Haven't heard that one since the nineties!
Used to be a segment of the population that wore a certain brand of skiboot that used to hit the slopes in Banff back in the early '80's

5;30am till 12:30pm along the north shore to point Atkinson. Not a bite. Is anyone getting anything? I did not see one net getting dipped today at all.
We had a repeat of your shift this morning and not even a bite. Marked huge bait balls in the deeper water by the west can freighters. Marked a few fish at PA in the deeper water that weren't interested in our offerings. got a bit lumpy after tide change so decided to call it a day.

Trolled the West Van Shore yesterday between 12 and 4 using spoons and hootchies. Saw lots on the sounder at around 40', a few jumpers, no nets and no bites. And no legal crabs.

Been out at the Bell since 6 am. So much bait but only one huge pink in the box so far. Not a lot going on. Got it on a chovie at 60'.

Anyone else out here?

I think it's safe to say that the pinks are definitely here. I fished the flood yesterday at the South arm and averaged 2-3 pinks each hour on squirts of every color, mostly around 40 ft.
There was a massive baitball right by the Bell at the South Arm, around 4 hectares of boiling 2" fish

A report from the other side. After fishing both Thrasher and Porlier one day earlier in the week and catching nothing but undersized, we decided to hit Thrasher again this morning and managed to get the salmon skunk off the boat but not the lingcod skunk. We caught a 14 lb red on bottom in 135 ft and a 13 lb red on bottom in 175 ft (the contours to the east of the Rock) and then pulled up the salmon gear in order to pickup up a lingcod ... second trip in a row we have had no luck with the lings. Overall, lots of bait on the sounder this morning but we only hit undersized in and around the bait. We didn't see anyone else net anything so I don't think it was "hot" but rather that the fish gods were smiling on us today.

Back