2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Started at south Bowen around 6:30. Had a hit after 20 minutes that didn't stick. Landed an undersized chinook right at the low slack. 3.5" Pesca spoon 60' in the rigger. Plan was to go to PA and fish the incoming tide until 2-3 pm but I think I'm going to call it a day soon. too hard to handle the thick smoke and heat when fishing isn't hot. o_O

Started at south Bowen around 6:30. Had a hit after 20 minutes that didn't stick. Landed an undersized chinook right at the low slack. 3.5" Pesca spoon 60' in the rigger. Plan was to go to PA and fish the incoming tide until 2-3 pm but I think I'm going to call it a day soon. too hard to handle the thick smoke and heat when fishing isn't hot. o_O

I'm headed your way to PA - save a few fish for us !

Back at the dock saw a guy cleaning a mid-teen white chinook that he said he caught west of T10. Saw a couple of jumpers in front of the pink apartment but didn't bother. This smoke is really f..king up with eyes and throat. Need a couple of cold beers to wash it off of my system :D

Last edited:
OTzzy bear, post: 841616, member: 10795"]Pls send reports asap. Not much for reports lately[/QUOTE]
I j
Pls send reports asap. Not much for reports lately
i just came back from fishing ,started at 730 at pink apartment going to point atckinson,didn't have any bite,,spent most of the time at atckinson with the other boats,few charter,didn't see any net out ,decided to go home at 11 30,maybe next week,enjoy the long weekend to everyone see you on the water

I sense it is going to turn on at the Bell Buoy very soon ... we crossed the strait thru the smoke bank this evening to spend the next week and a half on Saltspring ... past years would suggest that causes the fishing in the Harbour to turn on and the fishing at Thrasher and Porlier to turn off.

Fished the Bell tonight....quiet til I put down a Luhr Jensen flash fly, had a nice spring on in no time but my gal lost it right behind the boat. Looked to be a high teens. Had a hit and run on a skinny but nothing else was touched including bait. Some decent bait showing up between last marker and the Bell.

Out yesterday at the pink apartments 10:30-2:30 with the fam on board. Got a 5# coho in 33' (ran across my other line and tangled up and we were still able to get the net under her) of water and no other hits. Also looked like my crab traps had been cleaned out again....man I wish I could catch these mother&#@ers. Maybe the fish are starting to show up?

Out yesterday at the pink apartments 10:30-2:30 with the fam on board. Got a 5# coho in 33' (ran across my other line and tangled up and we were still able to get the net under her) of water and no other hits. Also looked like my crab traps had been cleaned out again....man I wish I could catch these mother&#@ers. Maybe the fish are starting to show up?

Try using a zip tie on your trap so that you know if it's been stolen. You'll be surprised on days where you leave your trap for 8 hours at how many crabs leave on their own

Try using a zip tie on your trap so that you know if it's been stolen. You'll be surprised on days where you leave your trap for 8 hours at how many crabs leave on their own
Yeah I have found the wire cage traps produce best with 1-2 hour soaks on a tide swing.

Fished south Bowen yesterday. Released 2 shakers and a ton of dogfish, then headed to the T10 for the low. 2 more shakers released and more dog fish. Heading back to the north arm there was 2 boats fishing right at the mouth. 2 rods out each. RCMP and looked like a fisheries officer were flying out the river when I was heading in.

Back