2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It's hard to believe the test net numbers when a native friend hits 56 springs in 2 sets under the golden ears bridge just over 2 weeks ago, the time is always the same, they do the same drift every day regardless of tides.

It's hard to believe the test net numbers when a native friend hits 56 springs in 2 sets under the golden ears bridge just over 2 weeks ago, the time is always the same, they do the same drift every day regardless of tides.
So they take about 28 springs a set and how many native boats are fishing?

Copied from DFO Environmental Watch Information
Fraser River Water Temperatures at Hope
18°C - Decreased swimming performance
19°C - Early signs of physiological stress and slow migration
20°C - Associated with high pre-spawn mortality and disease
21°C - Chronic exposure can lead to severe stress and early mortality.

H

Horseshoe Bay has very limited parking. Maybe consider sunset marina. I heard they have more. Just fyi good luck!
I moor at sunset marina and would also suggest using them as they do have room to accommodate you. Nice things is you can drop the lines as soon as you leave the marina. Tight lines!

The $29.00 launch fee is reason I never launched there, just couldn't bring myself to pay that.
Launching at the Lions Gate Marina will cost you $40. After they closed the Ambleside boat launch, there aren't that many public boat launch options on the north shore that are within the vicinity of the fishing grounds. It's crazy but I guess it's all about the supply & demand.

I live in Tsawwassen and launch free at ferry spot or at 2 ramps in Ladner. McDonald Beach in Richmond is 12 bucks still. They are gouging people at Sunset.

Launching at the Lions Gate Marina will cost you $40. After they closed the Ambleside boat launch, there aren't that many public boat launch options on the north shore that are within the vicinity of the fishing grounds. It's crazy but I guess it's all about the supply & demand.
Holy crap! That's criminal .

We launched out of Sewell's today. $7 to launch and $16 to park. The nice thing was we just called ahead from the highway to see if they had any parking spots open.....

Fishing was slow. Nothing at HITW.....West Van gave us one 3.5 inch fish that was fooled by a spoon slightly bigger than him.

Sewell's have great service too, they boosted my battery once for when when I showed up to the launch and found out it was dead. Free of charge. Awesome launch if there's parking!

I have the best wife! Heading out Saturday even though I was just in Nootka for 5 days without her, and she doesn't want to go this weekend. Going to Fish QA in the very early morning and then head to my usual spot, south Bowen/ roger cutis.

I have the best wife! Heading out Saturday even though I was just in Nootka for 5 days without her, and she doesn't want to go this weekend. Going to Fish QA in the very early morning and then head to my usual spot, south Bowen/ roger cutis.

You will see me and my soon to be wife out there too ! We are also going to head to entrance this weekend - looking forward to 4 full days on the water complete with a stop at Bowen for the Fireman's dock dance on Saturday night. Bring on the long weekend!

Back