2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

IMG_3758.JPG
He must be doing something wrong !!!!

2 rods. 1 per Downrigger.

Location. Half way between entrance and Thrasher Trolling with the tide offshore.

Water Depth: 600-1000'

Let's use Gibbs Delta Gear since it's the greatest salmon tackle known to human kind and that's what everyone believes.

Get Gibbs Delta Bonchovy Flasher on one side to a 6' leader to a 4.0 Irish Cream Silver Horde Spoon. Drop back 15' before you set it in the clip. Lower downrigger to 130'. Increase speed so that the downrigger cable is at 45 degree minimum.

Repeat on other side with a Gibbs Delta Flasher with Glow on one side. 6' Leader to a Gibbs Delta Skinny G with Glow and Green and Yellow. Lower Downrigger to 155'.

Troll away from the other boats. Use binoculars. See someone land a fish? Head that general direction. Maintains good pace and cover water.

Land fish, bonk, re set gear and repeat until limited.

Second last step: Post results on Sportfishing BC.

Last step: repeat next day.

Thank You.

My uncles (The pizza guys) had to pick up more guys to keep catching after noon. They couldnt keep them off. DEEP!

:):)
View attachment 32782

Location. Half way between entrance and Thrasher Trolling with the tide offshore.

Let's use Gibbs Delta Gear since it's the greatest salmon tackle known to human kind and that's what everyone believes.

Get Gibbs Delta Bonchovy Flasher on one side to a 6' leader to a 4.0 Irish Cream Silver Horde Spoon. Drop back 15' before you set it in the clip. Lower downrigger to 130'. Increase speed so that the downrigger cable is at 45 degree minimum.

Repeat on other side with a Gibbs Delta Flasher with Glow on one side. 6' Leader to a Gibbs Delta Skinny G with Glow and Green and Yellow. Lower Downrigger to 155'.

Troll away from the other boats. Use binoculars. See someone land a fish? Head that general direction. Maintains good pace and cover water.

Thank You.

Could you be a little more specific please?

IMG_0156.JPG Here's my catch off Thrasher from last Friday. 3 of them came in just after 6pm. I'm glad I stayed late. They were all red, we had one for dinner yesterday (pan seared and baked at 500, amazing!). I'm planing on heading out again on Thursday weather permitting.

I've asked this a year ago and still can't seem to find exactly where HITW is. Any specific info is appreciated.

I've asked this a year ago and still can't seem to find exactly where HITW is. Any specific info is appreciated.[/QUOTE said:
As far as I know

Attachments

• 20170430_232451.png
    20170430_232451.png
    368 KB · Views: 188
View attachment 32809 Here's my catch off Thrasher from last Friday. 3 of them came in just after 6pm. I'm glad I stayed late. They were all red, we had one for dinner yesterday (pan seared and baked at 500, amazing!). I'm planing on heading out again on Thursday weather permitting.

I've asked this a year ago and still can't seem to find exactly where HITW is. Any specific info is appreciated.
Horseshoe bay start there you will figure it out

View attachment 32782

Thank You.
FM, your post is a little vague. Could you be a little more specific?

Oooops - forgot "Tag License immediately after landing fish" ;-)

Last edited:
Another stellar morning so far! 4 in the box. Get out here while you can guys
Are you at Thrasher? I was going to head out today but decided to wait until Thursday - does anyone know if the Bell is producing anything atm?

Are you at Thrasher? I was going to head out today but decided to wait until Thursday - does anyone know if the Bell is producing anything atm?
Did QA to Bell, on Sunday, pretty lumpy landed a 10lb and lost another, anchovies at 75' only out for 3 hours trolling with the wind... action was between QA and Bell 130ft of water

Back