2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

a good evening bite for us.... a 20lber in the boat and a couple other in that range fell off at the boat .. :)

Managed to break my drought and nailed a 20 pounder yesterday at Gerald. Green Splatterback at 180. Had another bite but it didn't stick. Good luck

Released a coho yesterday. Went 2 for 6 on the Chinook front and released a couple of unders. I'm going to start blaming Derby's hooks. The other night out it was just his hooking prowess we were blaming. :p Fishing was a little better than last week for sure...which at times was painfully slow. We had one amazing Orca show. About 20 animals in the pod, and 2 of the big males breached beside the boat. It was a jaw dropper experience. Kind of shut down the fishing mind you, but worth it.

Fished low tide on the french creek hump this a.m. Still quite heavy on weeds out there, afew marks and even fewer small bait balls on the bottom. Rougher than forcast so only stayed a couple hours, no hits. Didn't see any nets out either.

Anyone had any luck in the last few days?

Washed my lures last night at Gerald and Winchelsea. Pretty slow out there.

First time posting here! Got a 14lb spring last night at Sangster on a irish creme after getting sick of fighting the pollock at the humps

Fished low tide between white door and hump,...weeds, weeds, weeds. Some bait marks and other random marks (pollack) threw a couple back.

Was out off F.C. today in the afternoon.....(until the wind prediction proved wrong and it got really rough).

Weed everywhere except way out deep. Unfishable inshore. Hasn't changed since I went out last time.

A few Pollock and that was it.......

Went to Nanaimo first off....but it was blowing down there.......and a guy that had just came in told me all around the Fingers and area was a floating salad bowl.....
so came back to F.C.

Can't remember when I saw so much seaweed.........

Was out off F.C. today in the afternoon.....(until the wind prediction proved wrong and it got really rough).

Weed everywhere except way out deep. Unfishable inshore. Hasn't changed since I went out last time.

A few Pollock and that was it.......

Went to Nanaimo first off....but it was blowing down there.......and a guy that had just came in told me all around the Fingers and area was a floating salad bowl.....
so came back to F.C.

Can't remember when I saw so much seaweed.........

Yes it was brutal there today for weed,
As you say we had to head out way deep to get away from it.
I think Derby was out rototilling the area on me[emoji6]
Winds and water did get real nasty, chased us all the way down to the grande area to find fisheable waters
Not that it did us any good anyway

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Snuck out early and decided to try Gerald, Ballenas has been dead for a while. Managed a nice scrappy 15lb on a hootchy at 150. Saw one other guy get one and that was it. Should start to pick up soon, June is the best month out here so let's hope that holds true this year...........BRSimage.jpg

First time out actually fishing with new boat. A bit windy with the SE last night so moved down to Winchelsea. Picked up a 10 and 12 on at 140' on green splatterback hootchie. First blood on the boat for me.

Yes it was brutal there today for weed,
As you say we had to head out way deep to get away from it.
I think Derby was out rototilling the area on me[emoji6]
Winds and water did get real nasty, chased us all the way down to the grande area to find fisheable waters
Not that it did us any good anyway
Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Didn't get out ..too much kids stuff this weekend..should be putting a pound on towards the end of next week ..:)

Back