2014 Tuna Adventures

Terrafin looks interesting today for sure. Look at us, Washington, and Oregon. Look at various shots. As the boy's down south would say "the highway is forming but isn't paved yet".

I'm thinking a test run is in order within the next couple of weeks.

A bit cool and a bit splotchy out there to capture my interest. But I am VERY interested!!lol

A bit cool and a bit splotchy out there to capture my interest. But I am VERY interested!!lol

I agree with that in the canyons near us, but look at the other shots (I've been following from Northern Cal up to us for the last few weeks)). It's on it way hopefully. I'm monitoring it every other day. If it gets even more interesting I will be monitoring it daily, then when it looks really really interesting, I just won't sleep LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading on the red and black site today, the longfins have just arrived in Northern California in good numbers so they should be creeping our way with the warmer water that is just below Oregon.
Come on El Niño get things moving!

I know sculpins in but who else is going to give the early season tuna (first week of july) a rub?

Painting my dive boards tonight. Silver with a clear coat. Maybe black bottoms which I suspect would be highly visible from the depths.

I know sculpins in but who else is going to give the early season tuna (first week of july) a rub?

Painting my dive boards tonight. Silver with a clear coat. Maybe black bottoms witch I suspect would be highly visible from the depths.

I can't guarantee I will make it but I will try.

I have some goodies being turned at a machine shop this week to try out!

U.S. Commie boats have started picking up albies 200 miles off the Oregon coast; but weather has limited there days fishing. They are coming slowly!

U.S. Commie boats have started picking up albies 200 miles off the Oregon coast; but weather has limited there days fishing. They are coming slowly!
Yep. There's also a group of sport fishers making a run out Ilwaco this weekend. I'll let those guys burn their fuel to found out if they can get them now. There's plenty of chinook to catch right now. Once I get my fill of chinook, then I'll turn to tuna. But more than likely, I'll probably run out sometime in July just because the anticipation is driving me crazy too!

I really need to get some data from terafin. There weather is looking good this week. Just itchin for that June tuna. MUST ... GET ... DATA... Would be nice for some 3 to 4 star pictures ASAP.

Can someone explain to me how the rip charts "free trial" is free. I don't understand. Looks like you have to buy a year to get free 7 days. Really????
https://www.ripcharts.com/register.aspx

Im having many problems with terafin.

Great article Don. Guess Ill try the 56/57 tomorrow.

Update on the ripcharts: you give your card # and if you done like it you can cancel. Pretty simple. They replied to my email very quickly!

Come on Jay. Even if you didn't connect the trip was worth it man.

Share the scouting trip with us. .....

You got my attention big time :cool:

Back