2013 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

It was all in good fun.

But they are called ***** belts on some boats ;)

Seasons done and i'm finally able to get on top of organizing. Some boats have withdrawn and we have put the list of confirmed boats together. There is still around 15 spots open. Please please if you are entered already or entering just send us a message for confirmation that we have you on the list. I don't want to miss anyone.

Our team arrives the evening of the 25th departing the Sunday after the final blow out! Three full days of hunting! We have a place booked at Mills during our stay.

Wondering who else is going to be there for the final days and the last hoorah?

Can't friggin wait!

Have some buddies out fishing off the tip of Cape Scott right now, warm water is in quite close right now. Hoping to get in a quick practice run in this weekend.

Lots of loose ends to still sort out but things are coming together! Our sponsors are finalizing their donations and the prizes look great. There are still spots available so anyone interested please send me an email.

The winner will take home a custom 36 inch Albacore trophy by Anvil Island Design! Below is a their production Bluefin, he is hand crafting a custom albacore just for the derby.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, who's going to be there for closing night? Looking forward to putting faces to some names.

My crew and I will be around the whole week unless weather is crappy and then we may head home for a few days and will return for the wind up.

So, who's going to be there for closing night? Looking forward to putting faces to some names.

We will be there. Firelight, my buddy Steve, and myself. This is actually the part I look forward to the most. Meeting other tuna addicts lol.

I should be there for the opening and closing as well...sounds like my ride may have to bail...so I will stand on the dock waiting for you guy's to get back....

EFF that...any news from Ripley Jeff???

super stoked

Kelly PM sent.

HI Guys,

wondering about the diesel situation?
I hear one of the floats/stations may have some water issues
Thanks in advance for your input

Mac.

Back