2013 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

I doubt anyone will be fishing tuna this weekend

Tis but a stiff breeze and a small lump! Seriously though it's looking like we might have to find some entertainment other ways until the swell and wind die...

I have now sent out the captains email. If I missed anyone or if anyone wants a copy just PM me your address. Cheers.

Man I sure hope things change because it looks horrendous as far as Mon midnight-which is as far as swell watch goes!! My hopes are with you guys-but bring some cards, a good book and tons of stories to Bamtown-you may need them!!!!!

"just" 6.3m peaks on Monday night... piece of ****

Swell Watch says 12 ft inshore tues evening,15 offshore-keep your fingers crossed-the wind seems to be moderating a bit!!

I'll be up there on Friday for sure to help out before things get going. Staying overnight then heading back home on Saturday to work. We will be fishing later when the weather improves and my gal will be dressed in black:cool:.

Well it still hasn't started blowing...fingers cross a full gale doesn't materialize. Sat looks solid wind wise, just that snotty left over lump.

Ps it was 60 degrees at big banks yesterday, 59 now. How's the shots looking?

no clean shots for the last couple days unfortunately. One way or another, this system will be gone by mid week so there will be fishing opportunities sooner or later

Looks like it is starting to lay down for Tuesday onward...
really stoked, cant wait to get to Bam....

Looks like it is starting to lay down for Tuesday onward...
QUOTE]
It does look like the wind is laying down tues evening and changing direction-this should start laying down the swells-see the wed swell forecast about 9am this morning . Fingers crossed!!

According to a commie friend of mine the tuna have moved farther out. He's fishing 60-70 miles off Loudoun Canyon now

If the waters almost 60 degrees at la perouse I'm sure the fish are not that far.

From the limited shots I can see the water looks pretty good still both temp wise and chloro wise. I think we will get a shot at them sometime during the event. We have to think positive folks!

Back