2013 Bamfield Tuna Shootout

Brian ran out of diesel last year. He brought in a load for the second weekend though. Fueled me up at 10 pm on a Friday night.

You paid up yet buddy? We will talk soon about trial runs lol. I'm all over it. I want to get a couple under the belt this year before the main event ha ha. I hope us novices do some justice with the more experienced guy's lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
You paid up yet buddy? We will talk soon about trial runs lol. I'm all over it. I want to get a couple under the belt this year before the main event ha ha. I hope us novices do some justice with the more experienced guy's lol.

Going to meet Jeff in bam this weekend. Got cash in hand!

You at the beach this weekend?

We will be talking with Brian about it, he will be topped up before the event and getting loads in during.

Been spoken to.

Fuel will be in supply with a bit of flexibility on the schedule as well as some boats will have different needs.

Reading this thread gets me so excited it's crazy. We aren't trying to do anything but have a super fun event and it looks like it is shaping up to be that.

Not to mention all the cash and prizes!!!! YAHHHH

Thanks for the support EVERYONE that's onboard. I really can't believe there's haters but.... there are.

So awesome that 99% aren't!!!!

Been spoken to.

Fuel will be in supply with a bit of flexibility on the schedule as well as some boats will have different needs.

Reading this thread gets me so excited it's crazy. We aren't trying to do anything but have a super fun event and it looks like it is shaping up to be that.

Not to mention all the cash and prizes!!!! YAHHHH

Thanks for the support EVERYONE that's onboard. I really can't believe there's haters but.... there are.

So awesome that 99% aren't!!!!

Good seeing you this weekend Jeff, although briefly.

With all the bad luck that comes my way when visiting Mills, I'm not so sure about this. Might have to stay on the east side and party with you guys over the radio!

Cheers,

Hey fellas.

Starting to get some serious buy ins now beyond the hardcores that have already participated.

I'd say if you want to get a ticket you had likely best do it in the next couple weeks... I'm not certain but if I were a betting man I'd say all 50 will be gone by September 1.

Ticket #1 is Sculpin... lol. What a guy.

Great supporter.

Also volunteer thread going back up, time to figure out dates and such.

Thanks everyone for your support. This is amazing.

Jeff

Hey fellas.

Starting to get some serious buy ins now beyond the hardcores that have already participated.

I'd say if you want to get a ticket you had likely best do it in the next couple weeks... I'm not certain but if I were a betting man I'd say all 50 will be gone by September 1.

Ticket #1 is Sculpin... lol. What a guy.

Great supporter.

Also volunteer thread going back up, time to figure out dates and such.

Thanks everyone for your support. This is amazing.

Jeff

Whooo hoooo!!!

I'll be bringing that 40 to throw in the prize pot just like I said. I'm framing that baby!!! Thanks guy's big time.

Just let me know by PM anything else I can do.

Pay up folks. The time is NOW.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
HI Guys,
I would like to be a part of what you have going on, sounds very exciting and love the bamfield area
I will be bring around the blackfin and 4 of my hardcore fishing buddies
we have been out a few times for the tunas ans love the adventure
How do i go about getting involved and getting myself a ticket
we will need a few days of accommodations aswell, can you recommend a spot that will only be a few min walk from the action at the dock

thanks and look forward to your response

Mac

HI Guys,
I would like to be a part of what you have going on, sounds very exciting and love the bamfield area
I will be bring around the blackfin and 4 of my hardcore fishing buddies
we have been out a few times for the tunas ans love the adventure
How do i go about getting involved and getting myself a ticket
we will need a few days of accommodations aswell, can you recommend a spot that will only be a few min walk from the action at the dock

thanks and look forward to your response

Mac

Hey Mac.

Mills still has one cabin available. That's where everything is going down.

If that goes before you can book, check out the post I ran on recommended accoms for the derby, love to see our sponsors supported.

Get your ticket through the B.C. Tough website.

Jeff

Jeff,

thanks for the quick response
Ill give mills a call in the morning to secure the cabin and if that happens to go in the next 24hrs, ill drop back a few pages to try and pick up on your list to support
are you able to confirm that there will be lots of diesel up there? ill be running low when i whip around from Vancouver and will likely burn a couple hundred gallons per day.
I have been following your updates ect and i would like to thank you in advance for all the work you have put towards this, in fact all you guys.. it does not go unnoticed.
have a great rest of the summer everyone and see ya up there on the 20th.. i assume it begins on the friday and weather permitting some fellas will likely head out Friday morning? or is Friday when the troops get together and go over what the plan/deal is?

Mac

Jeff,

thanks for the quick response
Ill give mills a call in the morning to secure the cabin and if that happens to go in the next 24hrs, ill drop back a few pages to try and pick up on your list to support
are you able to confirm that there will be lots of diesel up there? ill be running low when i whip around from Vancouver and will likely burn a couple hundred gallons per day.
I have been following your updates ect and i would like to thank you in advance for all the work you have put towards this, in fact all you guys.. it does not go unnoticed.
have a great rest of the summer everyone and see ya up there on the 20th.. i assume it begins on the friday and weather permitting some fellas will likely head out Friday morning? or is Friday when the troops get together and go over what the plan/deal is?

Mac

In addition to a mandatory skippers meeting, ont the Friday night there is a two hour 'how to' seminar being put on by the owner and pro staff of QCove Tackle outta Washington. Also, the on duty captain of the Coast Guard will be giving a talk about what they expect and will/won't do for us. Beer provided by Longwood for the evening as well.

6 am cannon start at the harbour mouth.

Thanks for your support and kind words... they don't go unnoticed either!

Jeff

PS - Diesel will be available as will marine fuel. One of the derby sponsors is the fuel guy.

Sounds great
I will make sure im there for the mandatory meeting, I assume it will be at mills landing?
still working on accommodations
Jerry is looking for $330 per night, 5 night makes it a bit rich, looking for something a bit less
i will have me plus probably 4, 2 can stay in the boat if needed, it comfy in there

let us know how you make out for accomodations blackfin. I've been considering entering this. sounds like a blast. if not this year maybe next. I have the boat for it but have never fished for tuna though so abit apprehensive. I know I will do it eventually. just not sure if entering the derby is a good place or time for me to start into it though... hehe. would like a couple trips under my belt first I think.

let us know how you make out for accomodations blackfin. I've been considering entering this. sounds like a blast. if not this year maybe next. I have the boat for it but have never fished for tuna though so abit apprehensive. I know I will do it eventually. just not sure if entering the derby is a good place or time for me to start into it though... hehe. would like a couple trips under my belt first I think.

You should make it out for the seminar at least this year, if you could find a bunk and hitch a ride out all the better. That would get you hooked and give lots to build on until the next year.

You should make it out for the seminar at least this year, if you could find a bunk and hitch a ride out all the better. That would get you hooked and give lots to build on until the next year.

was thinking the same as you mentioned. I'm going to try. hopefully I can get all the stars to line up... :p

Thanks Kelly and Jeff for getting my name on a ticket. I am sure it will be a good time we should be up for the whole week.

Back