1996 31' ocean master center console (hull only) **$7250**

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep

Our Other hull which we wanted to build and just don't have time to do is our 31' Ocean master

Boat is hull only with center console. Boat has been used hard and cosmetically its a bit rough. Structurally its bomb proof. Transom is solid and it has hollow fiberglass stringers which will never rot on you. Throw some big 4 stoke power on the back, new electronics, rewire and you have an offshore fishing machine.

Pics pretty much say it all. Boat is in just outside Vancouver. We have access to a triple axle trailer ifor needed.

Ok guys this thing HAS to GO!!!
getting murdered here but it is what it is our loss is your gain $7250 need it gone!

Attachments

• DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 891
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 819
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 838
  • DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 790
  • DSC_0260.jpg
    DSC_0260.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:
Damn!
I was really looking forward to this build

i know what the new rig is already.....lol

you sure on that Ocean/ Egg big boy

pt ex for the tile work?

Yeah we have a bad case of 12 footitis.....now we need to build an 18 footer to go along with it.....

back to the top guys, have found another project that we are working on would like to find this a new home.

Reactions: abl
Someone needs to buy this. You are saving well over 100,000 in comparison to these, which are copies of the OP boat.

Attachments

• 31-Guardian.jpg
    31-Guardian.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 244
  • GW_Canyon306.jpg
    GW_Canyon306.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 233
Would love to have the time and space to make this happen right now...probably grab these motors:

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/bpd/5828452116.html

Pair of fresh powerhead Verado 275s for 24k. Bit of fitting out and you have a serious offshore machine for way under 40 grand.

But I don't have the space and probably shouldn't even pretend to myself that I have the time. No project for me...come back, 1 year.

Hull is a 1996, it was bought and used by the US navy in diago Garcia (Indian Ocean) from 1996 to 2005 roughly. It and 4 others were used as fishing boats on the navy base for recreation. Boat was retired in 2005 or so and sent to Seattle with one other and sold at auction. Guy we bought it off had too many projects on the go so had to let it go. I am not selling this boat because it is too rough I am selling it because my brother and I bought a larger sport fisher which we will used for trips with a smaller boat. This boat has hollow fiberglass stringers which will never rot. hull is hand laid glass with vinyl-ester resin. Hull sides are approx 1/2" solid glass bottom is 1-1/4" solid glass. Transom is wood, deck is wood core, combing is wood core. 16 degree dead rise at transom, 31' LOA 10'3" beam this boat is a beast, hull is aprox 7000#. Apparently 450 HP is enough to do 45 knots and 600 HP will do over 50 knots. the boat could use 3-5k of cosmetic fiberglass work, new electrical system and new fuel system minus tanks. Apparently the fuel tanks are coated with coal tar epoxy.

Anyways this boat cost us waaaayyyy more than I have it listed here for like we were well north of 10K landed in BC. It would make a pretty cool guide boat for offshore work. you could literally do no cosmetic work and re power it and go use it.....if that was your deal. We were going to do some cool stuff to it but unfortunatly we cannot own 4 boats......

someone please buy this thing and do something with it.....I have a source of 225 verado power at very reasonable prices if someone was interested.

One more time someone take on this challenge. This hull is amazing 31x10'3" of West coast crushing boat. no wood stringers to rot. If we didn't upgrade to a 42' sportfisher we would be doing this build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back