Project Ocean Smasher

If all goes well it should be coming across the border sometime on Monday the 21st. We have the truck and the trailer to pull it with. Just getting permits and ferries booked yay. I'll be posting some pictures with updates.

lads are in the process of moving and building new homes so its on hold for the moment

Well the project is down for now but not out. Over the last few months I got myself into a little home build project. Bad news is building a house is a huge time suck, good news is the new property has a 24 x 44' shop on it. My best guess is that we will start deconstruction sometime this winter in a well lit and heated shop, that will be a huge treat. Thanks for the interest guys I can assure you this project will go on.

So you just "got yourself into a little home build project." Haha I've built a few of those! People often fail to realise how much input they need to give on a home build. There are a LOT of decisions to make. Unless you want to drop the cash and have an architect or designer make all the decisions for you, you'll be working hard to keep up with the builder's requests for decisions. The earlier you start thinking about finishes, colours, appliances and so on, the more options you have. Putting off decisions for later means project delays, rush shipping costs, higher prices, fewer choices.

We bought a package home and all the decisions and finishes were picked before we left the showroom, it was literally a piece of cake. Four months later we moved in to a quality house.

It is not a little project but fortunately we have bought a home package from a local manufacturer who is taking a lot of the guess work and hassle out of the whole thing. With a little luck and some hard work we should be in the house by mid September. Buddy and I just redid the roof on the old shop as it was leaking pretty badly so that is one task down. hopefully it will be back to boat building, fishing and enjoying time with my girl in a few months time.

We bought a package home and all the decisions and finishes were picked before we left the showroom, it was literally a piece of cake. Four months later we moved in to a quality house.

I am following closely the boat build, out of my league but very interesting.

Very interested in your package house purchase. Can you state the home company. After touring many recent builds by numerous builders I am NOT looking to build my retirement dream home that way. The prefab to house standards have me interested. Have spoke a few times with them, picked a floor plan and discussed all my changes. Can you provide an update on yours, and anything you were 'surprised" with. Any details may assist with my build. PM if you wish, I am more than willing to talk on phone.

Thanks

HM

Back