The OFFISHAL Vancouver 2011 Reports Thread

Just popped out for 2.5 hours pre-Nucks game 2 and hit 2 little undersized off the cap/pink apts both a few feet off bottom both on a green/white 4.0 coyote spoon. Had chovies rolling as well but no bites on them. Weather picked up a bit so we bailed early. Now for some quality couch time. Nucks 5 Hawks 1 is my prediction for game 2. bold

I got stopped in the parking lot yesterday, a guy told me that they were catching 20's off the Grace Islands. Heading out tomorrow.

Hey mudguts whats your boat?
I'll be out there tomorrow as well

I was out at the Bell Bouy today, caught a couple undersize and one good hit. I was fishing a green glow and a flaming hans at 100' in 160' of water. It was still a great first day out for me. I saw a dolphin and didn't see too many other guys out. Had a decent prawn haul.

26' Zeta. Blue trim, blue dingy on the stern. I am aiming for Sunday now. May fish southern Bowen sat.

Slllllllooooooooowwwwwwww this a.m.

Fished a couple hours off the South End of Bowen and then a couple hours late morning off the Point Grey Bell on the way home. Not a sniff at Bowen and released one undersized (21 inches) at the Bell Buoy just before packing it in at noon. Didn't see anything caught and based on the radio chatter it didn't sound like anyone else did any better.

someone pm me the local vhf fish channel? thanks,,see you out there:D

Yep, the report for Saturday the 16th is f+@# for everyone...except for the one lucky dude who managed one keeper.....at least there is crab and prawn dinner.....

The only fish I got was on top of chips at the Bowen pub. Will try Grace Islas tomorrow if the wind dies down. I see the big BIG prawn boats are out around passage and Cowens point, didn't think the season was open yet.

headed out about 9:30, fished over by grace for a couple hours, released 1 cod, looked like it was getting ready to blow so we headed back over sunset way,
think I might have seen you over there too mudguts seen a 24-26 with blue trim I was the 23 explorer with green top.
radio chatter said it was blowing pretty good out around the bell so never even ventured over that way, also heard there was a sailboat in trouble over there too
and someone else called in that they found a tender upside down with quite a bit of desbris, hope everyone was ok, yes I seen the prawn boats motoring around as well over by gambier

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the big BIG prawn boats are out around passage and Cowens point, didn't think the season was open yet.
Could be doing Test Tests for DFO and could be doing their own test sets just fishing 4 traps to a string under a sport licence that happens all the time.

I guess that's why I didn't see any pots on deck. Not a sniff out there today. Spent 5 hrs around the Grace Islands and not a bite. Didn't see anyone else catch anything either. A couple of my herring came up with no tails but I'm sure it was the seals. It was nice and calm till the wind came up around 2ish.

the prawn boat had 2 sets out with 4 traps each , watch him bring em up and reset them , looked like passage was getting hit hard with alot of traps being set.

HAHA! Well...Vancouver may not have the participation that you Island Guys do..but I think in the Saltwater Thread....General Areas should be pinned to the top for easy viewing...and Vancouver easily has enough participants to support a pin-to-top if they would post. The Sockeye show last summer would definitely have surpassed every thread on here if people posted!

Agreed please pin this thread to the top.

THANKS

Back