Best options for suspension seats

fishnwhenIcan

Ok, I think I want to do something for suspension seats for my North River but not sure on which way to go? Mariner Suspension seats are well over 3 grand for a pair landed which is just too much. Air could be an option but do you just buy bases and adapt the current seats or buy the complete seat? There are Smooth Move suspension bases that are about $550usd a piece and you use your seats. Some real nice air seats out there for truck applications but how do they stand up in a saltwater marine environment? I would like to have swivel ability as well and want these to look decent. I was hoping this was not going to creep into thousands of dollars but it seems to be. Any ideas?

That's the one I was looking for. So basically the conclusion seemed to be drop the 3500-4000 and do it right or don't bother. Think I'll pass for now. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think you could have air ride for far less than that. The bostroms are super nice and are around 2000 for 2 plus a couple hundred for a compressor. I think the national truck seats are an even cheaper option . I called kenworth and I think he said the national 2000 seats start at around 550 for cloth and go up from there.

Check out smooth moves if you are 220lbs or under. Good price. I'm thinking of adding these to my boat.

Well I think you could have air ride for far less than that. The bostroms are super nice and are around 2000 for 2 plus a couple hundred for a compressor. I think the national truck seats are an even cheaper option . I called kenworth and I think he said the national 2000 seats start at around 550 for cloth and go up from there.

That's an option I'm weighing just not sure how they'd stand up to a marine environment.

Ya i hear ya. I have the same setup as you with the canvas but i trailer my boat . For me i think they would be fine . But if the boats sitting in the water for long periods that may not work .

FWIC, i sent you a email, it might be the right price and appears to be built for marine use

You have them in your boat now?
No but I played with them at the Vancouver Boat Show. They were in the Hewescraft Boats. CV Marine in Courtenay carries them and has one set up. They support my weight and some. I fully loaded it up to the third red bar and had to back it off as it held my weight and some. It will easly hold a the down force of a 300 pound man and more.

When playing with them and cranking them up the is a color indicator. Green, yellow and 3 red bars. Third red bar is max and I couldn't even move the suspension.

Now is it the best?........NO
Is it a great entry level Pedestal?......Yes
What would I buy?.......Shockwave pedestals if I could afford and fit them. $1500 each is to steep

Thanks FA! I will be considering the Smooth Move as one option and may buy one to try first if I go that way. I like the Shockwave too but am hoping not to go quite that much.

Smooth Moves make two styles Classic and Ultra. I have only played with the Ultras

The ultras are the ones I would go with. There's a Hewes dealer in Langley, I might have to check to see if they have them. Nice to check out in person. Maybe someone will have something at the Tradex show.

Back