Search results

1. Humpbubble

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

yep saw it on friday, surprised me as well. navionics has it tagged as RVYC8. Released a nice wild around #17, and my buddy long line released another in the gap.
  2. Humpbubble

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Finally got out after transom and floor rebuild. Went jigging on the flats for fun with kiddie rods and 10# test looking for springs. Turns out bycatch was good to us.
  3. Humpbubble

Important Chinook update from Pacific Angler

Sent. Thanks for the template and links.
  4. Humpbubble

2021 Nanaimo Reports

Ditto on friday. Was a beauty day, but nonstop little ones.
  5. Humpbubble

2021 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Overnight on the pick. 2 am - 6 am, and pray that 30mph SE is bs.
  6. Humpbubble

Back-Trolling

Have always used back trolling when jigging halibut/salmon. With either a tiller main, or kicker. It is very easy to keep everyone's lines on the fish compared to drifting. If waves are coming into the well its time to go home, or god forbid sport drag.
  7. Humpbubble

Smallest boat for Vancouver to Victoria and back on infrequent basis ?

I've been running up to the cabin in my modified 17' DE and i'll gladly go in the middle of the night if that's when the wind is mellowest. Just finishing up a 20' DE with raised wheelhouse, and even though it takes bigger water much better, winds at and over 20mph ain't worth the hassle. You...
  8. Humpbubble

Thieves

had a 2015 15hp 4 stroke yammi stolen off my zodiac in the front yard last wednesday. I hear that a few motors were nabbed the same day in oak bay/victoria.
  9. Humpbubble

Let's Talk Filleting

Ramsey would get kicked off the table for such a prolonged butchering. that was terrible. i like a sturdy ham slicer and not too sharp or its easy to cut into the backbone. one eve stroke (pull) down both sides of the fish ( head on, guts in) 15 seconds tops:) including rib cage removal. that...
  10. Humpbubble

Landing Fish When You’re Fishing Alone

i use Scott's method when dragging balls. but first i always tell snuffy i'm just checking my line, no big deal ;) goes the same for with guests, no hooting about a fish on, when the seals are watching. Jigging is another beast, once hooked, springs RACE to the surface to spit, sometimes you can...
  11. Humpbubble

looking for a hourston top

https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/FG-3-WINDOW-HARD-TOP-OFF-175-FT-BOAT_31716590 Close?
  12. Humpbubble

2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

No crabs to see here
  13. Humpbubble

2017 Sooke Reports

In previous years around this time, after seeing a constant strong response mid water, I've jigged cabezon at 200' while sitting on anchor for Hali in 300'+.(weird) Someone try jigging those arches?
  14. Humpbubble

HALIBUT CLOSURE

You know how man damn herring I am now going through to get my dogfish and skate? Pesky freaking halibut !
  15. Humpbubble

2017 Port Renfrew Reports

Camped sat night and hit the beach in the dingy trolling and casting a blue fox in the rain. Fish were having a good time. Played a couple, keeping one #14. Reminded how fun northerns are :) Saw a bunch of tuna at the table, and the outfitters crew who had gotten into some nice sept slabs
  16. Humpbubble

2017 Port Renfrew Reports

Yep, I was up on Sunday. A massive camping group of camo dudes with brand new spinning gear flossing fish. Or trying too, out of 25+ rod's, said they had 6 all weekend.
  17. Humpbubble

HALIBUT CLOSURE

There is no size limit correct? Bit of a political nightmare if some out of towner has his photo taken next to a big breeder ;) "It's legal, he paid."
  18. Humpbubble

Mine have been mostly unclipped. had a couple pea-heads, and a couple whites included over the past week.
  19. Humpbubble

that's better. Lost a couple nice fish, either side of the whale show in the gap,one that jumped repeatedly on the other side of the boat :) missed two or three other mentionable hits. Nice morning. What a place to play we have eh.
  20. Humpbubble

My best days were early sept last year.
Back