Search results

1. P

Ice at Poett Nook

Can anyone tell me what kind of ice they sell at Poet Nook( according to their website )and how big are their bags? Tried phoning but no joy. Thanks
  2. P

Anchorage Tofino

Heading up to Nootka next week with the boat. Does anybody know any good spots to anchor in the Tofino area? I have been told that the currents can be pretty strong there so looking for any advice that would be helpful. Thanks.
  3. P

Area 123 Chinook Retention 2022

Can't seem to find area 123 retention limits for chinook on the DFO site other than it's zero at the present moment. Does anyone know if there are any impending updates coming shortly? Thanks
  4. P

Rail Mount Suggestions

The railing on my boat is a tad above 11/4 inches and is too large for the Scotty rail mount. Anybody out there recommend or have experience with other rail mounts/rod holders ? Diameter of my rail is about 1.4 inches. Thanks
  5. P

A Quick Coho Question

The daily limits for the Barkley Sound area are 1 hatchery & 1 wild. My assumption was that you were allowed twice that amount as far as your total possession was concerned ie more than one day’s fishing. However,someone told me that the total possession allowed is 1 wild and 3 hatchery. Tried...
  6. P

Somass Sockeye

Well, saw the first of the FN nets stretched out over the river yesterday-good to see conservation of the early stocks is uppermost on their minds.
  7. P

VHF Antenna

Well folks I've just about cobbled this boat together ( a lot of it thanks to you guys) and I have just one more bit to go. I have been looking at antenna and vhf radios and was wondering what you guys would recommend. The boat will be used for offshore Barkley Sound with the occasional trip up...
  8. P

Another Electronics Question

Hi guys,I need some help and input from you. I've read most of the threads with a lot of info. about installing new electronics. There is so much info. out there that the brain hurts as to which way to jump. So what I would like you to do, if you don't mind, is give me your entire package for...
  9. P

Coho Fry Question

I have a ditch on our property which fills up with water from Oct. to May and then it dries out. Every year I catch about 3000 coho fry that become landlocked and put them back into the river. In the mix of fry which varies from smolts to a lot of fry that are about 1-11/2 inches long. My...
  10. P

20 lbCannon Balls

Looking for 20lb ( 18 at a pinch) cannonballs. Anybody out there? Thanks
  11. P

Windlass Question

Toying with the idea of getting a windlass on a boat. Getting a bit long in the tooth and don't relish the idea of pulling up 30' of chain + anchor anymore. Anybody got one and if so what kind of problems can you expect? Thanks
  12. P

How Much Power

Need some help guys. About to order a 26 ft aluminum boat from North West Aluminium Craft. The dry weight of hull is 5500 and I have worked it out that fully loaded (engines,fuel,miscellaneous equipment, people) it would come in around 8500. Would 300 hp be enough? Have looked at a 350 Suzuki...
  13. P

Dealer Mark Up

Started this thread yesterday but it has since disappeared from this forum, so I'll give it another go. Looking into buying a new ( or newish secondhand ) boat around the 26 foot mark. Have looked at different brands-ThunderJet, North River,Osprey,Silver Streak, etc. Was wondering as a...
  14. P

Leader strength for hootchie

If you want to drag the bottom for halibut using a heavy hootchie (9") and flasher, how heavy would my leader need to be in order to get action on the hootchie? Thanks
  15. P

Lighthouse 14 oz mega bite jigs

Was wondering if you could troll these on the bottom of a downrigger. Looking for a chance to troll them for halibut at 200 feet. Reason I ask is thatI am not sure if the weight of the lure would mean that it would be hanging down on the bottom instead of being horizontal behind the down...
  16. P

Rod Recommendation

The wife doesn't like islander reels, so am going to get rid of them and replace them with lever drag trolling reels. What I am looking at are shorter rods ( currently have 10'6 mooching rods) that are probably a bit more manageable for her. Anybody got any suggestion based on their own...
  17. P

Fish Descender

Anybody know where I can buy a fish (rockfish) descender up here in Canada ( live on the island). Also, are there any ones in particular that people would recommend? Thanks
  18. P

150 Yamaha

Anybody got an idea of how much a Yamaha 150 hp (2010 with 670 hrs) would be worth as a trade in against a new one and what it's likely to be sold for. It's dealer maintained and in good condition. Can't seem to find any second-hand ones on the internet up here in BC so not too sure what the...
  19. P

Big Bank Question

Thinking of running out to the Rat's Nose next Thursday (if weather stays ok). I've never been there (everybody keeps talking about it) and the question I have for those in the know is, is it worth going there at this time of the year or would you be just as well fishing closer in just now? I...
  20. P

What's my boat worth?

Looking at a nice boat that the dealer wanted around K170 for. Having never traded in a boat before I started looking on the net to see if I could get an idea to its value -didn't get too far. I figured ( hope) you guys could give a bit of insight. Here goes . 2010 Hewescraft Searunner 220...
Back