Rail Mount Suggestions

pennel

The railing on my boat is a tad above 11/4 inches and is too large for the Scotty rail mount.
Anybody out there recommend or have experience with other rail mounts/rod holders ?
Diameter of my rail is about 1.4 inches.
Thanks

The railing on my boat is a tad above 11/4 inches and is too large for the Scotty rail mount.
Anybody out there recommend or have experience with other rail mounts/rod holders ?
Thanks
Taco rod holders are amazing.

Thanks
If you have a mini drum sander kit you could easily modify the Scotty to fit.

Folbe …. i have them and will make some adapter plates for my Burnewin sockets…. will advise how they work…in July

Folbe …. i have them and will make some adapter plates for my Burnewin sockets…. will advise how they work…in July
Second this motion. I run folbe on my nwac as the rails are to big for the scotty. Work great along with my scotty holders. They are a little expensive once shipped up but worthwhile. Good company to deal with.

I bought these off amazon for my 1.4 inch tubing and I'm very happy.
I'll post a pic on the boat if i remember

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220619-190831_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220619-190831_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 33
Second this motion. I run folbe on my nwac as the rails are to big for the scotty. Work great along with my scotty holders. They are a little expensive once shipped up but worthwhile. Good company to deal with.
i third it, sometimes you find them used

Well guys thanks for the quick responses -you have given me enough food for thought.
For those of you using Folbe(had never heard of them) are you mounting a universal plate on the railing and then screwing a Scotty on top of is it a Folbe rod holder?I need the mountings on the stern railing(nwac).

Well guys thanks for the quick responses -you have given me enough food for thought.
For those of you using Folbe(had never heard of them) are you mounting a universal plate on the railing and then screwing a Scotty on top of is it a Folbe rod holder?I need the mountings on the stern railing(nwac).
Not so fast. I happened to be down to the boat this morning! Amazon!

Attachments

• 20220620_053107.jpg
    20220620_053107.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back