Yamaha parts - where to buy?

Redfisher

Just left my local Yamaha dealer and feel like I got bent over the counter and serviced in the process.

Needed a thermostat and gasket for a 60 hp yamaha. Paid $93 for what I consider to be about $20 worth of parts.

Any suggestions for aftermarket or online parts? I’m running 3 boats with Yamis and like to keep them fresh but at these new prices I’m looking for alternatives.

You can shoot me part numbers and I can see if sierra makes a part your after. The Sierra parts listing for yamaha are limited however.
I will keep your offer in mind. Hoping to see suggestions likely online.
Friend just bought an aftermarket 703 shifter control online for less than $200. Dealer wanted over $600. Can’t notice any difference and it shifts great.

There are lots of Chinese knock off parts that look identical to original...how they stand the test of time is the question. Looking the same and lasting the same are two different things. I have bought parts online from Crowley Marine. They have easy to navigate parts by model, year and HP.

There are lots of Chinese knock off parts that look identical to original...how they stand the test of time is the question. Looking the same and lasting the same are two different things. I have bought parts online from Crowley Marine. They have easy to navigate parts by model, year and HP.

I did a major service on this engine last spring and the genuine Yamaha thermostat is pooched as was the gasket on the removal. Can't imagine a knockoff being any worse. I will look at Crowley. Appreciated.

I agree that knock off Chinese parts off banggood or deal xtreme are garbage. My power tilt switch went on my kicker, saw the 80$ price tag at the dealer and thought that was ridiculous for a tiny switch. Bought an identical one online for 15$. Lasted one weekend, no joke. Folded and bought the expensive yamaha one. No problems since. That was quite a few years ago. I buy aftermarket for my car that has roadside assistance. But where I go with my boat, there is no one there for miles to save you. I like the genuine stuff. It just works and gets me and my sons home everytime.

Second Crowley.. I did just buy a cdi box off ebay from a guy in Langley for a yami 8hp and all is good. He deals in alot of yami and merc parts. But you kind of roll the dice in used and after market parts.

Sim Yamaha
Looks interesting. Couple of questions
1. How long is typical delivery?
2. Typical shipping cost is?
3. Any duty etc on parts from them?

and thanks. Prices are definitely more attractive than up here even with exchange. Looks similar to Crowley Marine.

just add it to the cart and proceed to shipping and you will see the shipping cost, before you enter credit cart or paypal info

If you order out of the states make sure to use a company like Seawings in Sidney to bring the parts across the border and through customs. They have an office in Blaine Wa...so you get your US vendor to ship your parts to the Blaine office. Seawings notifies you that the part is in Blaine and then again when it is ready to be picked up in Sidney. Way cheaper than UPS...way cheaper. All the hot rod guys do it this way as well. You just have to go on the Seawings site and register yourself with them...after that any parts with your name and contact info that they receive..they email you.

Just left my local Yamaha dealer and feel like I got bent over the counter and serviced in the process.

Needed a thermostat and gasket for a 60 hp yamaha. Paid $93 for what I consider to be about $20 worth of parts.

Any suggestions for aftermarket or online parts? I’m running 3 boats with Yamis and like to keep them fresh but at these new prices I’m looking for alternatives.
If you really want to feel violated have the same local outfit install the parts :oops:

Back