Best place to buy alternators?

Sailfish25

Hey guys - I’m looking to buy an alternator for a 2001 mercury Optimax 200hp.

Mercury dealer prices are silly. Any recommendations for aftermarket alternators? Either South Island or online options with fast shipping?

Thanks for help.

Hey guys - I’m looking to buy an alternator for a 2001 mercury Optimax 200hp.

Mercury dealer prices are silly. Any recommendations for aftermarket alternators? Either South Island or online options with fast shipping?

Thanks for help.
Not sure in your area, but the shop that rebuilt over here told me he can rebuilt any alternator or starter, marine or automotive , how I know lol, 1800$ for a Honda outboard one, 155$ bucks for mine rebuilt 4 years ago

Not sure in your area, but the shop that rebuilt over here told me he can rebuilt any alternator or starter, marine or automotive , how I know lol, 1800$ for a Honda outboard one, 155$ bucks for mine rebuilt 4 years ago

When I had my 225 opti I bought a cheap eBay one. 10 years ago it was $55. Same casting numbers as original and worked fine.Absulutely identical The guy that has my old boat has had 0 issues and is still running it

Thanks guys. I bought one on Amazon Prime for $144. I’m going to install it when gets here in 3 days… and take the old one to an alternator shop for rebuild.

Dealer prices have become so disconnected from reality that I suspect more people are going to be looking for alternatives for all parts.

Brighouse Auto Electric in Richmond.
Warren or Andy.
Wealth of information, they always have what you're looking for. Very comprehensive stock.
They can ship to you directly.
They often have multiple options for the same component; I always request the North American made option.

604-273-4904
Info@brighouse.com
This is where I buy all my starters and alternators. They also supply our company,so the discount is nice too.

Take your old one into Brian Roberts electric...they rebuild them way cheaper than new or bought rebuilt at retail.

Denso 80 amp alternator. Never used since serviced by Brighouse Auto Electric with a new regulator. Kept as a spare for my Yanmar 6lp STE boat diesel engine. Boat now sold. Two pulley alternator will fit many engines. North Vancouver. $150.

Attachments

• denso 2.jpg
    denso 2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3
  • denso 4.jpg
    denso 4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 4
  • denso.jpg
    denso.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 4
  • denso3.jpg
    denso3.jpg