WTB- seasport,ospery,skagit orca-22-24ft

Fishtank

Looking for a new boat, gotta be outboards!! Will consider a pod project as well as long as the price is right! Time is on my side as we enter winter, would prefer a canadain boat but would entertain a u.s. one if it's worth while to import . Thanks, feel free to pm me if need be.

I would also consider a inboard if the engine was blown or no good for a pod and outboard project but the price would have to be right of course

I think my budget is a little on the light side at 70k, there's nothing out there at that range. What I really love is the Alaskan bulk head type boat with the small table and sink. The trophy 2359 has all this and is more in the price range seen a couple in the states at around 30k us. Can't handle a inboard so a trophy 2359 would have to be podded and re powered with a out board and maybe I would be under 70k?

You could probably find a 2359 trophy to pod. Would be awesome once done, look at years 2000 or newer as that when they separated and went with new better construction in the hull.

You could probably find a 2359 trophy to pod. Would be awesome once done, look at years 2000 or newer as that when they separated and went with new better construction in the hull.
I agree with you.what I love about all these boats is the interior setup, which the 2359 has. Never been on one though, how is the ride and build quality on a 2359? They are definitely more inline with my budget .

I may be biased as I own one and like it. Ride quality is pretty good handles pretty choppy big water nicely, I do use the trim tabs a fair bit. The cuddy cabin is fairly spacious as it has the v berth which extends down into a twin coffin bed on one side( under the dinette). The toilet is in the cuddy which is a draw back and we never use it for that reason as I always just keep the bed set up. No stand up head is one draw back. The dinette dropped into bed mode is a little small for me at 5 11 but literally like 3 inches to small so it will work. Fit and finish is a little cheap on trophy’s but overall a well built boat that can handle big water. It’s very easy to see out of and drive. I really like mine and often dream of other higher end boats but end up liking my layout more. With the right power and electronics package they are a sweet set up. One thing I really like though is having the big igloo cooler on the swimgrid, I then keep a small food cooler on the dog house. This set up is great for overnight with the family. Boat fishes well with 3 to 4 people. 3 adults is perfect. If you pod would be nice if the pod held the cooler also somehow

I may be biased as I own one and like it. Ride quality is pretty good handles pretty choppy big water nicely, I do use the trim tabs a fair bit. The cuddy cabin is fairly spacious as it has the v berth which extends down into a twin coffin bed on one side( under the dinette). The toilet is in the cuddy which is a draw back and we never use it for that reason as I always just keep the bed set up. No stand up head is one draw back. The dinette dropped into bed mode is a little small for me at 5 11 but literally like 3 inches to small so it will work. Fit and finish is a little cheap on trophy’s but overall a well built boat that can handle big water. It’s very easy to see out of and drive. I really like mine and often dream of other higher end boats but end up liking my layout more. With the right power and electronics package they are a sweet set up. One thing I really like though is having the big igloo cooler on the swimgrid, I then keep a small food cooler on the dog house. This set up is great for overnight with the family. Boat fishes well with 3 to 4 people. 3 adults is perfect. If you pod would be nice if the pod held the cooler also somehow
Oooo good idea. I’m gonna get the guys to add some clips to my pod when the build it so I can strap a cooler on it! I should go buy a new cooler and bring it to them for dimensions

Personally I would search for one of the boats on your A list mainly because if after the purchase or down the road you find a problem required a fix… those boats hold their value very well and you will recover more of what you spend on it. My 1992 Seasport is still worth what I paid for it new. Not to shabby for 30 years of use as a working boat.

Personally I would search for one of the boats on your A list mainly because if after the purchase or down the road you find a problem required a fix… those boats hold their value very well and you will recover more of what you spend on it. My 1992 Seasport is still worth what I paid for it new. Not to shabby for 30 years of use as a working boat.
I couldn’t agree more. Doesn’t matter what kind of boat you buy, you will spend thousands making it right and “yours” over the years. It sucks spending that kind of $$ on a boat that will never be worth much more than you paid (regardless how many thousands $$ you throw at it). I will say, although I love our SeaSport, I still think trophy boats are one of the greatest all around boats made. They are affordable, pretty well made, are really well laid out and can take a lot of abuse. ..I’m willing to be there are more fish caught on trophy boats on the west coast than any other boat.

Oooo good idea. I’m gonna get the guys to add some clips to my pod when the build it so I can strap a cooler on it! I should go buy a new cooler and bring it to them for dimensions
Ya tricky part will be the rigging that goes from the out board through the transom

Back