WTB Ruger 10/22

Tips Up

Looking for a good used Ruger 10/22.
Asking around before I buy new at cabellas boxing week.
I’m in Victoria but can pick up here to courtenay.

Looking for a good used Ruger 10/22.
Asking around before I buy new at cabellas boxing week.
I’m in Victoria but can pick up here to courtenay.
Just a heads up the Gone Fishing in Duncan had a polymer 1 on sale for $249

Thx. Just checked out their website. Was 1 day sale for that price but I’ll give them a call and see what best they can do is.

If you dont find the price your looking for and open to alternatives check out the Savage Model 24. Older gun but awesome combo and great quality. Great range and bird gun. That being said, easier said then done trying to find a good one. Not trying to derail your post for a ruger but thought it was worth mentioning.

Tips Up
The 10/22’s are decent and reliable. However, if you ever wanted a 25 round magazine for it - good luck finding any since the federal police have banned them. BUT, you can still buy a 25 round magazine for a Savage A series. Something to consider, especially since the Savages are very competitively priced.
My 2 cents
Stosh

IMO, ruger 10/22 are very decently priced. You’re gonna have it forever so why not buy one new. The wood stock ones are like $340.

I bought remington 597’s to bypass the small mag issue. 70 round drums are still legal. And for a few bucks upgrade to volquartsen target hammer and extractor. Suoer reliable and mine shoots out to 150 easy with my optic.

Thanks for replies.
cabellas has the stainless, synthetic on for $407. I think I’ll get that and add optics later. Considering a red dot scope.
already have an old lever action with scope and a breakdown papoose with no scope.
The 10/22 is because I’ve always wanted one and it has a nice traditional feel and want my kids to get real comfortable to transition to a 700-08 hunting rifle this fall. I’ll be looking for a compact 700-08 soon also if anyone is looking to part with one. Compact model may be hard to come by used.

Thanks for replies.
cabellas has the stainless, synthetic on for $407. I think I’ll get that and add optics later. Considering a red dot scope.
already have an old lever action with scope and a breakdown papoose with no scope.
The 10/22 is because I’ve always wanted one and it has a nice traditional feel and want my kids to get real comfortable to transition to a 700-08 hunting rifle this fall. I’ll be looking for a compact 700-08 soon also if anyone is looking to part with one. Compact model may be hard to come by used.

just wondering if you’ve fired one? i had a beautiful synthetic stock ruger 10/22 and it was by far the most inaccurate 22 i’ve ever owned. i started thinking it was me until all of my VERY experienced buddies all said the same after firing it. put an after market trigger assembly in it which helped a bit. i finally got rid of it; but a buddy of mine has the heavier target barrel on his and it’s scary accurate. i would look for one of those if you’re committed to that model.

Thanks for replies.
another rifle that fits that bill would be a ruger pc-9. one of my favorites, and will chew cheap 9mm ammo all day long

another rifle that fits that bill would be a ruger pc-9. one of my favorites, and will chew cheap 9mm ammo all day long
I second the PC Carbine. It’s a ton of fun to shoot and is basically the big brother to the 10/22.
And firing bigger bullets is like driving a lifted truck. It automatically gives you an extra 1/2” of manhood.

I’ve got a stainless synthetic 10/22 from before they switched to a plastic trigger housing. Would consider selling if your interested

Back