WTB Islander Paddle Handles For MR Reels

fire me a pm for details still have quite a few sets left ....but not sent any out in a while.
and tug cap you got to be hard on your reels then? .....lol
but as you stated replace the inner sleeve with a brass or ptfe inner and they would still be going .... had to keep things to a budget and at the time could not find a supply. live on the sunshine coast so limited for resources ......
I would like to replace the hard, round handles on my Forged Monarch reel. The current handles are 28 mm long and the inside diameter of the screw hole on the handle is 9mm wide. You can see how they screw into the reel by the photos below.

Do you think your Shimano paddles would fit this reel? If not do you have any other recommendations for ones that would work?
Thanks for your reply.

reel 1.jpg

reel 2.jpg

You could buy and try islander paddles and if they don't fit just replace the original posts with a pair of Islander posts. It will be expensive but it will work in the end. Islander posts are good quality. I don't have a set to measure right now in front of me.

I would like to replace the hard, round handles on my Forged Monarch reel. The current handles are 28 mm long and the inside diameter of the screw hole on the handle is 9mm wide. You can see how they screw into the reel by the photos below.

Do you think your Shimano paddles would fit this reel? If not do you have any other recommendations for ones that would work?
Thanks for your reply.

View attachment 62999

View attachment 63000
I have 8 islander paddle handles I would give to someone that would pick them up from my porch in East Vancouver

I put 3 sets of Wildthings paddle handles on my MR2s and they work great. Went to put a set on my MR2LA and islander had made a different post setup. Guess I'll have to talk to them

I have 8 islander paddle handles I would give to someone that would pick them up from my porch in East Vancouver
They flat paddle ones? I'll take them if so. Did you upgrade to the TR3 handles?

I put 3 sets of Wildthings paddle handles on my MR2s and they work great. Went to put a set on my MR2LA and islander had made a different post setup. Guess I'll have to talk to them
all islander parts are available but go with there products thats what i would now recommend .....

i have the hard shape moocher style not a perfect fit//// No lifetime warranty
but you if wish to try mod them to your own reels
that's your choice....

Thanks for your reply.

View attachment 62999

View attachment 63000
if you wish to swap out
just go buy the new post and paddle of your choice from islander... that way you have to replace the post but its just undoing the screw you have access to in the photo...

Back