WTB - Campion Sedan 622 or 215

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.00.41 PM.png

From my research and talks with owners and marine mechanic's, they also say the 4.3 is the BOMB! I just got off the phone with one of the sellers and he mentioned about 8/9 gal/hr @ 300rpm's. I think the 622 would be the better of the two models as it is 3' longer...

Victoria 215 20’6” x 94”
Explorer 622 23’6” x 96”

I'm always wary of published boat length measurements. I owned both the 215 and a 622 and, if memory serves, they are the same hull, certainly there is not a 3' length difference. Manufacturers like to add the pod ( or swim grid) and bow pulpit to the actual boat length. Makes the boat sound bigger than it really is. I wish they would publish the actual hull length as that is what will determine the boat's utility, load carrying, handling, etc. The 622 hull is 20.5' long if I remember correctly.
My 215 was I/O (4.3L). It was stern heavy and, as mentioned, engine maintenance was a bugger because of the tight fit of the motor in the rear deck. My 622 was podded with a 200 outboard which added some flotation. Both boats needed trim tabs to control porpoising (as does the 682 that I currently have). In fact, I enlarged the trim tabs on all 3 boats. While not considered a high end saltwater boat, I have had good service out of my Campion boats in hundreds of hours of west coast use, mostly WCVI. I've had no hull or structural issues.
Good luck in your search.

I'm always wary of published boat length measurements. I owned both the 215 and a 622 and, if memory serves, they are the same hull, certainly there is not a 3' length difference. Manufacturers like to add the pod ( or swim grid) and bow pulpit to the actual boat length. Makes the boat sound bigger than it really is. I wish they would publish the actual hull length as that is what will determine the boat's utility, load carrying, handling, etc. The 622 hull is 20.5' long if I remember correctly.
My 215 was I/O (4.3L). It was stern heavy and, as mentioned, engine maintenance was a bugger because of the tight fit of the motor in the rear deck. My 622 was podded with a 200 outboard which added some flotation. Both boats needed trim tabs to control porpoising (as does the 682 that I currently have). In fact, I enlarged the trim tabs on all 3 boats. While not considered a high end saltwater boat, I have had good service out of my Campion boats in hundreds of hours of west coast use, mostly WCVI. I've had no hull or structural issues.
Good luck in your search.
You really added a lot of value with this post. Thank you

@Old Fisher thank you for that info, great to know, I definitely would have been mislead thinking the lengths were different as 3’ is a massive variance, so much so I was just going to limit my search to a 622. Now this changes things to include Explorer 622, Victoria 215, Victoria 627 and Fisherman 210.

...and if what you say is correct, i'm sure it is, then the bean on all are probably 94". Perhaps they put a bigger rubrail or cleat that sticks out on the 622 to get an extra 2"s, lol

I was kinda wondering where the other 3' went on the 622, certainly wasn't for a bigger fuel tank... :)

Those sneaky buggers :rolleyes:! haha

Last edited:
You really added a lot of value with this post. Thank you

Thank you @MadJigga and thank you to all who is participating and offering experiences and knowledge, great job! I feel bad for being a bit cranky @Aquaholic, i was having a day, sorry bro...

@Old Fisher thank you for that info, great to know, I definitely would have been mislead thinking the lengths were different as 3’ is a massive variance, so much so I was just going to limit my search to a 622. Now this changes things to include Explorer 622, Victoria 215, Victoria 627 and Fisherman 210.

...and if what you say is correct, i'm sure it is, then the bean on all are probably 94". Perhaps they put a bigger rubrail or cleat that sticks out on the 622 to get an extra 2"s, lol

I was kinda wondering where the other 3' went on the 622, certainly wasn't for a bigger fuel tank... :)

Don't discount the possibility of a 672 or 682. They are a much more capable boat with wider beam, bigger fuel tank, etc. They handle rough water much better and carry a load MUCH better. Although I enjoyed my 215 and 622, I love my 682. That said, my wife liked the sedans with closed cabin for our small kids at the time. They would sleep in the cuddy during early morning runs. But I think I must have squeezed through that small cabin door 10,000 times during days of trolling

Url won't connect but check out the 230 they have for sale, that's a great deal on a great boat.

great stuff, I am set on a sedan of some sort as my wife and daughter likes the heater as well :)

From my research and talks with owners and marine mechanic's, they also say the 4.3 is the BOMB! I just got off the phone with one of the sellers and he mentioned about 8/9 gal/hr @ 300rpm's. I think the 622 would be the better of the two models as it is 3' longer...

Victoria 215 20’6” x 94”
Explorer 622 23’6” x 96”
I only burned about 5 gph in my 602 at 3300 and 30mph

The Campion boat numbers are the length in CM. So the 622 is 622cm or 6.22m.
6.22 x 39” per metre is 242.58 inches divided by 12 is 20.215 feet.
As far as I know the Victoria 215 and the 622 are the same hull just a different naming convention

The Campion boat numbers are the length in CM. So the 622 is 622cm or 6.22m.
6.22 x 39” per metre is 242.58 inches divided by 12 is 20.215 feet.
As far as I know the Victoria 215 and the 622 are the same hull just a different naming convention

I think you are correct from the info i received, not sure how the 215 came about, 21.5’ ???

Back