WTB - Campion Sedan 622 or 215

Curious as to what boats you have spent the most amount of time on. Where do you go from where you live to fish the Pacific? Rupert? Kitimat?

If you would like to have my life story call me 4038967504 love to chat :)

Love to chat?...why would I want to do that? A simple fishing/boat preference question is all I was asking. Maybe I got redirected to the wrong website?

LOL, why didn't you just ask that, I had no idea that was what you were asking, geeze :)

I know I don't want another Grady 208, had 2 of them but don't like the WA concept so I much rather the sedan style. Had a little Whaler Montauk and a Carolina, so I know I don't want a CC.

Sorry man, it's been a day but does that answer your question?

Last edited:
Wow, am i missing something, aren't they suppose to be a one-way, only water out and not in :)? I will be sure to look out for that, I hate wet feet, in wet socks, in wet shoes, wearing wet pant legs... :eek:

these boats are self bailing so yeah..water comes in thru the scuppers. super annoying especially when your not prepared for it and you end up with with wet feet when you are hunched over the gunnel clipping in to your rigger! great safety feature but i prefer a dry boat with a good bilge pump!

A 26 hourston wouldn't have these issues with scuppers and wet feet. Lol what's goin on? Did the 26 sell? Am I missing something. Come on rob ur sooo close

these boats are self bailing so yeah..water comes in thru the scuppers. super annoying especially when your not prepared for it and you end up with with wet feet when you are hunched over the gunnel clipping in to your rigger! great safety feature but i prefer a dry boat with a good bilge pump!

Ya both the grady's were self bailing and worked great, one had the pingpong ball style and the other had the rubber flap, both seem to be fine although they were all freshly replaced with new

Any thoughts on this one? I might go look at it this weekend
If it has the 4.3L MPI 220 hp its a great engine. Runs really smooth and great fuel economy. Had one in my Campion 602 for 10 years. Absolutely no issues.
I'd be careful on the trailer. They are factory trailers and not the best. I think it will have drum brakes too. Depends if its been in salt water or not.
They are nice boats though. Almost bought one myself. Only thing I don't like is they sit really low in the stern for some reason. Podded ones sit better. Does not match the factory water line at all
B9BCF8BC-D9B1-7DE1-C060-F2E1DF523CCC.jpg 84159085_614.jpg

From my research and talks with owners and marine mechanic's, they also say the 4.3 is the BOMB! I just got off the phone with one of the sellers and he mentioned about 8/9 gal/hr @ 300rpm's. I think the 622 would be the better of the two models as it is 3' longer...

Victoria 215 20’6” x 94”
Explorer 622 23’6” x 96”

Last edited:
I am keeping any and all options open. I know these boats are stern heavy so a pod might add some buoyancy to the stern, yes/no?
Guy at the previous marina had one moored next to me. Nice design and definitely looks like a sexy boat when there’s no doghouse. He had a 200 Yamaha and a kicker on the pod and it was always sitting way below the water line. He said trim tab was a must if boat is nose light otherwise it’ll be proposing. So, yes definitely stern heavy even with the hard top and cabin. I’m not sure if the WA model also has the same problem but it’s something to ask the Campion guys.

Hey one of the boats has a Volvo Penta dual prop with the 4.3 MPI, I bet the dual prop would make a big difference in the performance and efficiency

My volvo dps drive has been rock solid in the 450 hours since it was installed. Things to watch for are the trim sensors fail with assured regularity, you have to make sure the stainless trim rams are kept clean with some steel wool or the seals get chewed up and you have to pull those duo props and add high quality marine grease twice a season or the props will weld themselves to the shaft.

Otherwise its gear oil and zincs, works great for an IO drive.

I had a 622wa for a couple years and a freind has the sedan you are looking at. The one I had was a decent boat but there were things I didn’t like. It was a 2005 With an I/O and the gas tank started leaking 15 miles off Ukee. There is no way to remove the tank without cutting the floor open. The fuel tanks are also small and the hole they cut in the floor for the engine makes it difficult to replace the manifolds and access the starter or anything low on the engine. The sedan my freind has is a decent boat and quite nice with an enclosed cabin and heater but he also complains of the small fuel tank and lack of range. The Volvo duo props are good but you need to be pulled every year and the splines greased or they will stick on and you’ll have to cut off 2k worth of props. Make sure they come off before you buy a Volvo drive.

Last edited:
I had a 622wa for a couple years and a freind has the sedan you are looking at. The one I had was a decent boat but there were things I didn’t like. It was a 2005 With an I/O and the gas tank started leaking 15 miles off Ukee. There is no way to remove the tank without cutting the floor open. The fuel tanks are also small and the hole they cut in the floor for the engine makes it difficult to replace the manifolds and access the starter or anything low on the engine. The sedan my freind has is a decent boat and quite nice with an enclosed cabin and heater but he also complains of the small fuel tank and lack of range. The Volvo duo props are good but you need to be pulled every gear and the splines greased or they will stick on and you’ll have to cut off 2k worth of props. Make sure they come off before you buy a Volvo drive.

These boats have a standard 50gal fuel tank i believe, is there any way to put a bigger one in or add aux tanks, not gas jugs but tanks...?

On those stuck vp props, mine were after not being pulled for a year. I bought a gear puller and some air craft wire that I looped through the exhaust ports on the props and they gently broke free. In other words, I got lucky.

These boats have a standard 50gal fuel tank i believe, is there any way to put a bigger one in or add aux tanks, not gas jugs but tanks...?
I don’t think there is enough room to put a bigger tank in but I could be wrong. If the tank is only 50 gallons it’s super limiting depending on what you plan to do with the boat. They say to keep 1/4 tank as a backup so that leaves 37 gallons so basically you’ve got 4 hours of running time in good weather max. Unless my math is off.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 8.56.54 PM.png

Back