Would anyone like to take a newbie out prawn catching?

I can appreciate those who have been repeatedly taken advantage of by 'friends' who want to go out fishing... don't help in preparation, launch/retrieve or help with the monetary aspects... It get's old very quickly and you just want to cringe at the next person who suggests that they might like to tag along.

I completely appreciate that many people here, including me (and my husband of course), have spent a ridiculous amount of time and money on boats, gear and fuel to find our own prizes. For some, it's not something they wish to share and if they do, it's nice to be offered some compensation/comforts as the host.

Colton, I think the request, once edited shows what you're willing to contribute and people can either negotiate, accept or refuse (aka don't respond). It's nobody elses business what one choses to do with their boat.... and who knows, maybe someone would just be happy to have a partner on board for safety or company. Little more notice might help though.

Another thing to consider... Money in exchange for services is a whole new ball of wax if things go sour. All parties should be clear about that up front. Charter vs shared expenses between friends... etc.

Good reply! Very constructive thinking. Also yes I would very much agree with the more notice part, but I sort of stumbled on this forum only a few days before my trip (I don't come down a whole lot from where I live - It's a 5+ hour drive for me) so I thought I might as well give er' a shot and see if anyone would be down to go! I wasn't the least bit worried if I couldn't make it work, I knew 3 days notice wasn't a lot to work with :p

Sounds like some only want coltong to basically pay for the whole day on the water, which basically means you need a "C" license boat with the cash transaction. Better make sure the person he goes with has a business license and claims this as income to CRA.
Give the guy a break... take him out, you don't own a boat just to have everyone else cover all the bills. Not like he is asking to go tuna fishing 40 miles off wcvi.
My $0.02

Anyone remember the 60's ?? " Grass, butt or cash... Nobody rides for free!" So which one will it be ??? LOL

Back