New Member Campbell River area stream and river fishing

Bigwoodsman

Hello everyone.
New to Sportfishingbc.com. Reside in Alberta. Fly fishing is my passion. Lucky to fish the west country of Alberta from Hinton Edson down to the Trans Canada. Also get to fish the Raven and North Raven. Have family that just moved to Comox. Will be heading out that way the first week of April, looking to fish the Oyster and Campbell Rivers. Will have 3 days to spend on the water. I only catch and release, might take a picture. Not interested in charters or ocean fishing. Wading and walking are my preferred method. Looking for tips on Rod weights, thinking 7-8 might be good, fly patterns etc. Not looking for honey holes or pin drops. Just want to spend a few hours each day on some decent water. If anyone is coming over to my neck of the woods in Alberta would be willing to take you out to fish the Ram Rivers North Saskatchewan or any of the haunts I'm familiar with.f

BW

That's a mistake-late summer into fall brings some unique and easy to access action on the beaches & rivermouths of central & northern Vancouver Island.
It may be my inexperience with fishing this area. When I say no interest in ocean fishing, I'm talking about being on a boat. If wading in these areas is productive, I'd try. I just don't know if this method would be productive or not.

Back