Wolf Boats - For Sale ?

Bill 310

Crew Member

Wolf Manufacturing is fully-booked for 2021 - (2022 Wait-list - hold deposit required)​

On their website​

Better Boats for 27 years, - owners transitioning in 2022. If you are interested in purchasing a well established boat building company, brand, website, designs, equipment and a growing list of prospective customers. Serious inquiries are welcome. email Wolf@wolfboats.com

We Build Better Boats, means we are always improving. We are focused on building a great boat with maximum performance and innovative details. A Wolf Boat is one of the best custom-welded aluminum boats on the market today, and we are motivated on building better boats every year. Check-out our newest 12 Passenger Commerical Boat I/O and Swallowtail or for Spacious Pleasure Use

Wolf Boats are built at our facility in Courtenay, BC (central Vancouver Island), Canada by Wolf Manufacturing Inc . We build an average of 10 to 12 boats per year in varying lengths 12ft to 38 ft., as well as a variety of marine products. Every boat is a custom order, giving us the opportunity to build to your specific requirements.

We keep you connected with your boat purchase, providing you with an online web photo-album. And our facility is always open for you to view your boat at all stages of construction.

if they were serious they would post a list of equipment and machinery and assets for prospective buyers. the website, brand, designs and company is basically worthless.
i could set up Zurk's Acme Boat Building Shack! with my TIG welder and wooden hut in the middle of a grass field and start cranking out boats from any boat designers plans available online and have the same exact "well established boat building corporation" they have.

if they were serious they would post a list of equipment and machinery and assets for prospective buyers. the website, brand, designs and company is basically worthless.
i could set up Zurk's Acme Boat Building Shack! with my TIG welder and wooden hut in the middle of a grass field and start cranking out boats from any boat designers plans available online and have the same exact "well established boat building corporation" they have.

except his boats are incredible tanks. i’ve never felt more safe in a aluminium boat 20 miles off shore than in my friends 24’ wolf.
the finishing leaves much to be desired however. very spartan finishing.

except his boats are incredible tanks. i’ve never felt more safe in a aluminium boat 20 miles off shore than in my friends 24’ wolf.
the finishing leaves much to be desired however. very spartan finishing.
which have nothing to do with wolf boats. any 1/4" hulled boat will feel like a tank and lots of boat designs are available which they can just CNC cut and weld with any competent TIG/MIG welder.

which have nothing to do with wolf boats. any 1/4" hulled boat will feel like a tank and lots of boat designs are available which they can just CNC cut and weld with any competent TIG/MIG welder.
Agreed. This process has really changed the game. Look at Walker as an example, they use Cope designs and CNC cut items, Walker adds their own perfectionist fit and finish detailing which establishes them as one of the front runners.

my company i work for has contemplated similar accusations in the past. Many of times the equipment is rented or leased. The property many of times is also often rented. The value often lies in the peoples talent, sales, management ect.... and more often than not that talent will not be retained as part of the sale especially in these small business were the talent often in the owners themself who are selling.

Unless there is specific IP, project style business don't carry much value. That being said, folks looking to expand their current operations will see such acquisitions as a fast forward path and will pay multipliers whereas others, such as existing staff, refuse to do so and then leave the operations after an external acquisition occurs.

One of the best moves a functional small business owner such as this can make is to buy the real estate they operate out of in a holdco so there's something left at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Government contracts can give you some goodwill that has value when selling the business. Some builders seem to do a lot of federal (coast guard, fisheries) and provincial work.

One of the best moves a functional small business owner such as this can make is to buy the real estate they operate out of in a holdco so there's something left at the end of the day.
Correct, to sell as an appreciated asset, or to rent back to the people that bought the business for passive income in retirement.

Back