WTB/ISO Boat Thread - What boat are you looking for?

EZZ70

Hey guys, going to give this a whirl and see where it goes, I know we have an awesome and successful thread on "boats for sale" (https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/boats-on-used-victoria-and-other-areas.67127/) BUT what about people who are searching for specific boats?

I have had several people that have reached out over the last several months/weeks/days trading wish lists, with must haves and have nots when it comes to their style of boat. I was just thinking that if we list what we are looking for (like an add only format) then we can all come together as a community and try and find what others are looking for. We are searching anyways so what not...? and now with Covid, boats seem to be "few and far between".

Also, let's not make it a "For Sale" thread, we have one! I think if we find something we PM that individual and give them first crack, unfortunately we have poachers in our mists that will take advantage of these findings if posted here, especially if a good deal presents itself :)

This community reaches farther and way beyond where one would think...

Let's be specific and detailed as possible so we all have a better idea and clear understanding what it is that you are looking for, also attach a thumbnail of a boat as close to what you are looking for as a reference, also include you budget price $$, if you are comfortable in doing so.

I am finding that threads get lost over time and its kind-of-a-pain to find and recall what it was so & so was looking for... :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 2.21.53 PM.png

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So, this is the lowdown, this is what I am looking for in a boat, keep in mind this will not be a full time fishing boat but rather more on the family, fresh water, funner side of things... :)

Bayliner Trophy 2359 Style Sedan, 2000 or Newer...

Budget $40,000.00 Text: four-0-three-8-nine-6-seven-5-zero-4

1. fully enclosed cabin with Alaskan bulkhead
2. as big and stable as possible but still MUST be able to be 1/2 towable.
3. an IO as the port/starboard seats make for a nice sun-pad w/motor hump
4. walk through transom for easy swim grid access
5. ability to do "stay-aboards" weekend camping
6. ability to install a hot water shower for warming up after spending time in the water
7. table makes into a bed
8. sink and cooktop, and boat needs a head for the ladies
9. prefer NOT to have bottom paint
10. prefer pulpit
11. properly sized trailer with electric breaks
12. cabin heat or ability to install
13. WILL CONSIDER a blown or tired motor that needs rebuild
14. 5.0L MPI FWC Brovo3 (260)

Attachments

• 01313_1rhag6VTVyMz_0kq0fg_600x450.jpg
    01313_1rhag6VTVyMz_0kq0fg_600x450.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Well I’m looking for a 24 voyager grady white, 2301 striper, or a similar pursuit, wellcraft, proline. 26’ really is my max size. I have sold my boat and realize the prices are inflated but I’m open to all but don’t want another persons troubles. Would prefer something manufactured in the 2000s. Budget is up to approx 40-70 K. Will be used as a family get away, but more fishing I’m sure. Weekend get aways to the gulf islands etc. OUTBOARDS are a must. I have owned an I/O and need a change. Would like to stay away from a glass enclosure but it’s not a deal breaker. Happy boat hunting! Pm me if you have something.
Thanks

Well I’m looking for a 24 voyager grady white, 2301 striper, or a similar pursuit, wellcraft, proline. 26’ really is my max size. I have sold my boat and realize the prices are inflated but I’m open to all but don’t want another persons troubles. Would prefer something manufactured in the 2000s. Budget is up to approx 40-70 K. Will be used as a family get away, but more fishing I’m sure. Weekend get aways to the gulf islands etc. OUTBOARDS are a must. I have owned an I/O and need a change. Would like to stay away from a glass enclosure but it’s not a deal breaker. Happy boat hunting! Pm me if you have something.
Thanks

Here's a 2017 Striper 230 walkaround for $92,000

Here's a 2017 Striper 230 walkaround for $92,000
Nice find. Needs a new fuel cap. Wife didn’t like the price tag so we move on... :(

Price dropped to $89k. Maybe some sanity is kicking in??
Very doubtful, no such luck! Awaiting second wave of price increase as warmer weather and summer starts :(

Last edited:
23’ hourston glascraft podded with twin 150s is my absolute dream, I’d love to do a ground up restoration, I’m currently 22 building my 89 17’ hourston so guess we’ll see in time.

Last edited:
The perfect boat for me would be an 18 to 23 foot centre console . You may have noticed me come to the defence when some members post derogatory comments about my beloved centre consoles.

Having said that, I have a friend with a beautiful 3488 Bayliner boat who loves fishing that he takes me out on and I get to relive my days as a deckhand from my commercial fishing years, and another friend with a Grady White that wants me to go fishing with him, so the act of me purchasing a boat soon is on hold.
However, as I am a certified boat nut, I will continue to post boats for sale that I deem to be interesting, what someone is looking for or a good deal, in Kingblazers amazing thread he started a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.20.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.20.55 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
I think this would probably work better for you then the 2359
Or this style anyway maybe one with bigger jor the next size up.
How does my mother-in-law and wife climb in over this transom? Lov the transom door...
ya they would have to go from dock and over the gunnels. That particular boat I’d be concerned with the power but that model is a nice overnight boat for a couple that’s still pretty fishy.

Back