Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Hey Baz, Looks like I'll be going fishing Saturday instead of Sunday. I haven't done a lot of winter Spring fishing but some guys like to fish outside of Fraser Island up to the Bedfords and another spot would be around Church Rock. As for me, I'll be fishing from Church Rock and all along Whirl Bay in about 120 to 150 feet of water. The nice thing about Whirl Bay is that its all sandy bottom around there so if I bounce bottom a few times with the cannonball I won't have to worry about losing it. Good luck to you on Sunday, Steve.

Heading out to constance tomorrow. I'm really not familiar with the area. Any tips on where or what to try would be appreciated. Maybe I'll see some of you guys out there.

Highliner
IMG_0252_2_2.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Highliner

Heading out to constance tomorrow. I'm really not familiar with the area. Any tips on where or what to try would be appreciated. Maybe I'll see some of you guys out there.

Highliner
IMG_0252_2_2.jpg

I'll be out there. 26' Striper. Probably going to try the west side. Pick a depth - 120-200ft and work it up and down. Will have the radio on 68.

Hey Craven what boat were you in? My boat was the older trophy 23 with mercs. We whacked a 10 at about 8am then nothing . We heading in to Clover and picked up a 9 at about 1030. Bite seemed to be just starting there.

quote:Originally posted by beemer

Hey Craven what boat were you in? My boat was the older trophy 23 with mercs. We whacked a 10 at about 8am then nothing . We heading in to Clover and picked up a 9 at about 1030. Bite seemed to be just starting there.
hey Beemer, was Dennis out with you ?
Tell him Scott says Hi !
I'm in a 16' white K&C, blue top.
there were 3 or 4 Trophy's fishing there about 10:00am.

Fished the Waterfront from 7am to 12 30pm, hit a double header at 10am by the gravel pit and then nothing for the rest of the day. Twin 9 lbers, 1 on chove, 1 on green glo, 130 ft of water.

figured that it would be pretty lumpy out at Constance so we gave a few passes of the Oak Bay flats and then the Gap. Several rockfish and a nice ling cod (probably about 12lbs) but nothing to bonk. Good to see the ling making a recovery around here. I've caught many in the Gap over the past couple of years -- a few pretty good sizes as well/

It was bumpy out at constance. Thanks for the tip Tenmile. We got one in the early afternoon on anchovy at 150feet in about 165feet. It was pretty slow out there though.

Highliner
IMG_0252_2_2.jpg

Yesterday got one at about 10am at the bluffs...first time using bait this year...and it worked...green hotspot with a 3.5 ft leader to a army truck rhys teaser...14 pounder. Im just headin out now...

Got 2 yesterday(Sunday)...both on chovy...released a smaller one...kept one the same size as saturdays catch...14 pounds...bluffs. Phoned fisheries this morning about hali...said to phone back thursday.

spent the full day out, 2-3 hours at a spot.
hit up trial first, nice tide but no hits.

boasted round to whirl bay for a real change of scenery, lots of boats.
done a few runs, kept around the 130-150 mark. nothing.
took it deeper 180 -200. still nothing. so picked it up again and hit pedder on the way home. again nothing.
we changed up bait/hoochies/bait busters an even cracked out the old cop car spoon.
dont get me wrong had a great day out there, nice journey out and we got to see race rocks area.
ill get them next time!!

Race Rocks's awesome scenery for sure. The wind and tides could make for some interesting rough times in the winter though.
Be safe out there
cheers

JUST FISHEN'

Back