Winter harbour

finaddict

Oh great another " gee could you help me out with some advice post" [xx(]Well yes it is and sorry for the post but here's the deal. I am heading up to winter harbour for a couple days of guided fishing (first time with a guide)[8D] and I have a few extra days (1 before the guides and 4 after)[:p]. I don't have my Toba anymore:( so I can't bring that with me, but I do have my 18' riveted jetboat. I am wondering if there is much opportunitiy in the protected areas of Quatsino sound and winter harbour or if I have to chase them offshore. If its all offshore, then I won't bother as the sled is way too light and low freeboard for a trip through the rollers.[8] If there are coho, springs or decent bottom fishing, I may skip the Nootka Sound plans and just stay in winter harbour. :)

So how about it gents? Anyone that can help out a LM guy with a few suggestions?

BTW, as a syncophantic and gratuitous plug for this board and all the great members, I have to say that the information that is posted here is a real bonus to 'newbies' like myself. Couldn't ask for more helpful people. How's that for sucking up?:D

Cheers

I fished in the inlet a bit there are some fish. I hear there can be the odd big hali to. We mostly fished the mouth of the inlet around the wall and lighthouse. When are you goin up? at times theres tons of coho that come in. Someone here will set you striaght but if i had a boat and was up there id give it a try

Leaving Port Moody on Saturday the 18th spending countless hours waiting for a ferry ride (noreservations left):( and fishing the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in Winter harbour.

Thanks for the help:)

I just got back from WH on saturday. Did really well. Limits of Yelloweye, Halis, and Coho. 6 Lings and 8 springs between 3 of us, biggest 25lbs. Weather was awesome, we were able to go offshore all 4 days in my 17.5ft Double Eagle. Lots of coho and pinks. You got to go deep for the Chinooks. Halis were hit and miss, some places we got nothing and then we found a honey hole. Biggest Coho was 14lbs but most averaged 5 lbs. All in all a great trip and looking forward to next year.

Thanks Gomesy, I am really getting excited about the reports I have been getting lately. I think I am ready, but praying for the best possible weather.

Thanks again to all those who responded, You have been a great help. I'll post a report when I get back. I imagine that a lot of the story will be about the Beak on the water in a geriatric jet boat, but WTH, I be there[8D]

Back