Galiano Moorage?

N2013

Anyone know if Montague Harbour or anywhere else accepts transient moorage on Galiano? Not interested/able in mooring. Meeting up with some buddies and Galiano for a vacay and am hoping to get some moorage. Montage is closed at the moment/not accepting at the moment. Just looking for some intel. Thx.

I know there is the government dock on Montague that allows overnight moorage. Space would be limited so not sure what time of year you plan to go.

Used to have a cabin up past the Spanish hills gov dock would not rely on getting space there especially in peak season it’s small. mooring in montague on a buoy and rowing in is probably your best bet if you can’t get space on the dock. Galiano is pretty limited moorage wise..

My family has long roots in Galiano, government docks are not really public. Always full with a dose of attitude.
I have had luck sweet talking to the Montague Marina, but just for a night or two.
It's tough to be a regular Joe and trying to boat like a regular Joe at Galiano.

There will be no space available at the government dock, but just raft up to someone. Your allowed to do that. There is a box at the top of the ramp to pay for your moorage. The marina will have some transient moorage available just not sure if the new owners will make reservations.

Back