Window leak repair needed

bonez10

I have a 1977 hourston that both the windows need to be rea sealed. Any ideas who on the island could do this ?

I have a 1977 hourston that both the windows need to be rea sealed. Any ideas who on the island could do this ?
do you have a picture of where the water is coming in? Slider or fixed (stationary) window? Windshield or side window?

Your question is quite common, would be helpful to know if it is leaking between the frame and fiberglass, or between the glass and the aluminum frame. Most often a glass shop or windshield shop can help, but knowing where is the first step.

This reply is @Corey_lax approved, one of a number of knowledgeable Glaziers on the forum.

do you have a picture of where the water is coming in? Slider or fixed (stationary) window? Windshield or side window?

Your question is quite common, would be helpful to know if it is leaking between the frame and fiberglass, or between the glass and the aluminum frame. Most often a glass shop or windshield shop can help, but knowing where is the first step.

This reply is @Corey_lax approved, one of a number of knowledgeable Glaziers on the forum.
It's the side windows both sides.
They are sliders
I've attached a couple pictures water seems to come in the hole on. The one side and just underneath on the other side. I would assume if the hole wasn't there it would just come underneath on both sides
I've also attached a couple pictures of the outside bottom window track

PXL_20220813_025832429.jpgPXL_20220813_025828210.jpgPXL_20220813_025851221.jpgPXL_20220813_025907730.jpg

Drill a drain hole on the stern side corner on the exterior of the boat (make sure you drill lower than the glass) and fill the hole on the inside of the boat with silicone. Your water is getting in the track and running to the back and in through the multiple holes on the inboard side. Worth a shot.

The window frames are pretty pitted and deteriorated, so it might not be pretty to remove them and keep them. You could pay someone to try but those frames might fall apart and it’ll be a costly repair to get new ones

You could also pop the glass out and replace the gaskets if they are completely deteriorated and letting excess water in. I had found some for the Snyder mobile a while ago that could work. Check out hitech glazing supplies or CR Laurence and they have lots of gaskets available for sliders like this.

You could also pop the glass out and replace the gaskets if they are completely deteriorated and letting excess water in. I had found some for the Snyder mobile a while ago that could work. Check out hitech glazing supplies or CR Laurence and they have lots of gaskets available for sliders like this.
These are the brand new gaskets you found for the Snyder build.
I'll try drilling a hole on the outside. And filling the inside with sikiflex
Thanks!

It looks to me like someone filled the drain slots on the outside with caulking.Clean the slots out and see if it makes any difference.

It looks to me like someone filled the drain slots on the outside with caulking.Clean the slots out and see if it makes any difference.
yeah it seems like there should be a drain hole. Maybe someone got overzealous with a big caulking bead and closed them off.

Either way, the holes on the inside of the boat need to be filled

Back