WIFI Oakbay

Has it really come down to this!!! wifi on the fishing grounds man times have changed. im not sure how I feel about this ... new era pretty sure soon we will have to record us catching a fish on video and send it to DFO...
I’m assuming he’s trying to jam out of a meeting in the office and listen off a laptop on the boat … which I approve of short of that I’d rather have phones left in a drop box at the ramp of the dock

Retired April 30, just want to listen to some tunes on spotify.
nothing too radical Wolfy ! ;)

If using your phone, it runs off wifi or cellular data if you’re not connected to a wifi network. You may need to turn on cellular data for your phone in order to ‘stream’ music, but I’d recommend you download ahead of time.

I have downloaded files i which I can play from my phone, but will still use data which I would like avoid.
I usually download few libraries when I'm at home and that gives me some good selections. I build playlists off of the downloaded files and have never needed a live connection/data when driving in the interiod. You can also go to the phone settings and turn off data for Spotify if still worried about the extra data charge/usage.

1684444307861.png

I have downloaded files i which I can play from my phone, but will still use data which I would like avoid.
I have cellular turned off on my spotify because I was using so much of it. I just download everything when I have wifi. You can download a lot of music and podcast without using a bunch of data. You just need adequate storage space on your phone.

Curious as to the plans available these days are 10-20gigs per month… maybe don’t video stream as much and save your data for music streaming? I have 30gb and I use about 15 max per month. Use wifi whenever you can!

Back